​🗑️​Bapu's Random Thoughts For The Day

Bapu

4 hours ago, InstrEd said:

Yep they had early optional study groups they wanted to attend.

That's being just a little bit too keen.

I would do anything I could to get out of school, including holding the thermometer against the radiator when my mum wasn't looking to make her think I had a high temperature. 

• Great Idea 1

12 minutes ago, Wibbles said:

That's being just a little bit too keen

I was a good student but my daughters are in another league. Hope these grades and clubs pay off for them with some scholarships.  When we go to parent teacher conferences we bring our daughters along. Quite a few teachers tell us they are to hard on themselves. We tell the teachers don't tell us tell them that, we know.  Want them to get good grades but not obsess about them.   They both are both competitive, I keep praying they don't burn themselves out.

I woke up this morning with a feeling of impending doom, dragged myself out of bed, turned on the news and ...

...BOLLOCKS!!!

Just when you thought the general public couldn't get any more stupid, they do.

Edited by Wibbles
  • Thanks 1

On 12/10/2019 at 2:55 PM, InstrEd said:

I was a good student but my daughters are in another league. Hope these grades and clubs pay off for them with some scholarships.  When we go to parent teacher conferences we bring our daughters along. Quite a few teachers tell us they are to hard on themselves. We tell the teachers don't tell us tell them that, we know.  Want them to get good grades but not obsess about them.   They both are both competitive, I keep praying they don't burn themselves out.

School has changed so much. My principle had a boat paddle and she could really swing that thang.............ouch.

1 hour ago, Starise said:

School has changed so much. My principle had a boat paddle and she could really swing that thang.............ouch.

My eighth grade teacher through a typewriter at a student. Now she would be fired. They made her principal couple years later LOL

• Like 1

2 hours ago, InstrEd said:

My eighth grade teacher through a typewriter at a student. Now she would be fired. They made her principal couple years later LOL

She  must have missed. Typewriter throwing skills were a little off. Maybe they promoted her for the attempt?

59 minutes ago, Starise said:

She  must have missed. Typewriter throwing skills were a little off. Maybe they promoted her for the attempt?

She was a piece of work. Yes thankfully she missed the kid.  The kid was a slow kid in learning but  not a trouble maker per say.   I was glad we split up for science and math with the another teacher. She was a great teacher and I'll always remember her.