​🗑️​Bapu's Random Thoughts For The Day

Bapu

13 hours ago, Wibbles said:

It's a bit blowy in Britain at the moment: Slough roof blown off on to main street in high winds, which, being Slough, has vastly improved the look of the street.

I know it's a bad situation for the residents, but I laughed at the line "I then went in and opened the front door and saw the roof was on the street".

A bit blowy? A bit blowy is a napkin blew off the table. LOL.

Where I used to live in Oregon we had this phenomenon called the "East Wind" and my house was right at the top of the ridge.  One of the houses in a cul-de-sac below me had a full weather station that I could see online and, the last Winter I lived there, we had sustained winds (not just the gusts!) over 80 mph...  I had a large property and three of the four of the houses below me had their roofs peel off and drop into my backyard...

I won't ask if you looked inside or what you saw when the roofs blew off.................. OK maybe I will ask. Did you see anything interesting?

Grandmaw in curlers with her face pack on? ............................That isn't very interesting. 

34 minutes ago, Starise said:

I won't ask if you looked inside or what you saw when the roofs blew off.................. OK maybe I will ask. Did you see anything interesting?

Grandmaw in curlers with her face pack on? ............................That isn't very interesting. 

Guess I need to clarify...  The shingles and roofing paper peeled off, not the wood.  🙄

Edited by craigb