​🗑️​Bapu's Random Thoughts For The Day

Bapu

On 12/20/2019 at 3:52 PM, Bapu said:

And has not finished explaining his theory of music, books, movies, being in a band and poems to the checkout clerk

I do tend to run on and on and on and on and on and on........................................................
Where was I 😂

Do you blame me the checkout clerk was cute looking :D

Story Time:

In Chicagoland there was Dominick's Grocery chain.  They made a policy that the check out clerks should smile and be courteous. Well what happened is the girl clerks were getting constantly hit on. The clerks ended up filing a grievance with the union and Dominick's stopped that policy.   

2 hours ago, bayoubill said:

Am not feeling very Christmasy when the temperature is 72 degrees outside!

You need to adjust your thinking.

When I was a child, the Miami News ran an article comparing the average temperatures on December 25 from all the major cities in the USA to the temperature in Bethlehem over the last 50 years. The city with the closest Christmas Day average temperature to Bethlehem was Miami, Florida.

All that snow and ice, all that white Christmas, all that jack frost stuff is simply a load of propaganda to get you to think better about freezing your keester off in the middle of winter. It's a yankee plot. Fake news. Misinformation.

The way I see it is this, "It just doesn't feel like Christmas if I can't go swimming at the beach."

😁😁😁

1 hour ago, InstrEd said:

You forgot to add "swimming in your Birthday suit"        Bob :)

I used to be able to do that, but way to many people have invaded our little bit of paradise and our old BAB (Bare A**ed Beach) is not longer deserted like it used to be.

I don't look as good without my clothes on as I did back then either :D

Edited by Notes_Norton

4 hours ago, Wibbles said:

I have my parcel now.

Somebody walking their dog found it abandoned in the street 50 yards down the road, along with another package for another neighbour.

We have had that problem with Amazon delivery too :(

Hope the merchandise is not damaged.

The merchandise was fine (Amazon don't need to know that though).

I will be asking Amazon to provide proof of delivery. And a description of the person to whom the parcel was handed.

I do enjoy being a nuisance to big businesses who tw@t me around.

• Like 1

Sometimes they need a little nuisance to keep them straight.

I am having a thing with Music & Arts (www.musicarts.com) and will never-ever buy from them again.

5 days of calling asking where the other half of my order is

5 days of them telling me they will let me know by the end of the day

5 days of no return calls

2 days of those days asking to speak for a supervisor

2 days of those days telling me the supervisor will call by the end of the day

2 more days of lies.

I've asked for a refund via e-mail since they aren't answering the phone today. If I don't get one, I'll call my credit card company and stop payment.

Doing some research at the Better Business Bureau I see plenty of other complaints. Doing more research I find they are owned by the same people that own Guitar Center --- and  now I understand.

Notes

I celebrate life every day!!!

I wake up in the morning and everything else is extra. And for most of my life, there have been splendid extras.

On Christmas (yesterday) I was lucky enough to gig for a part of crazy French Canadians at a huge RV Resort. While it was in the 70s (Fahrenheit) here we played songs like Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow for all their friends still in Quebec.

The dance floor was full to the end, except for a few of the half-dozen seasonal songs we played (nobody dances to Jingle Bells or Sleigh Ride) but they all sang along. I even learned how to pronounce joyeux Noël. (The French have a very different system of phonics from the US English) ;)

At the end of the night they paid us and sent us home with food cooked especially for us.

This morning I've got the windows open, it's in the low 70s with a gentle breeze and I'm typing to my friends.

Yep. Life is the perfect way to spend the time of day.

Insights and incites by Notes

• Like 1