​🗑️​Bapu's Random Thoughts For The Day

Bapu

3 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

You had to elbow in here with that - tormenting a guy on a low carb diet. 😃

Notes

BE_VMMcChs_ElbwChddr_17880315601_03156_3

Try these Bob!  They're maybe not quite as soft as the "real" thing, but I always used to like my macaroni a little less soft anyway.  Just had these last night (only the second time - they were a new item at the store on Friday), and I can say I will be buying quite a few more of them!

FWIW - I've had to basically cut out all grains (since I now know they all turn into sugar and carbs) and have cut WAY back on my sugar intake, so I've used several of these vegetable pasta alternatives.  Some are better than others, none are quite as awesome as real pasta was, but they do a good job of replacing them.  I use some in recipes I have that call for pasta.

5 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

On stage (gigging is my primary job) I use ThinkPad computers. They are built like tanks, flat black and without a glowing Apple logo for my audience to see. I'm just retiring one that I've been using on stage since 2002 and was built by IBM. 17 years of hard service is very good for a computer. It still works, the CMOS battery died, or so I thought. I replaced it and it still exhibits the problem. I have to manually enter the date before the computer finishes booting up. Well I can't have something on stage that isn't 100% so out it goes. I got my money's worth.

'Tis what I use for my work laptops.  My newer X1 Carbon is light and strong.

I've used nothing but ThinkPads since I discovered them in 2002. I've got newer ones to do more serious work with. A 2002 computer just doesn't have enough power and memory to handle a lot of modern programs. But on stage all it has to do is play mp3 files, display rtf files, and load Encore for notation.

The computers ride around in the van all day, quickly cool off or heat up on the gig (depending if it's indoors or out), bounce on a keyboard stand for 4 hours, then back in the van. Only to do it again and again and again.

The replacement arrived today, and I'm charging the battery (they recommend to charge it 8 hours before running - that's probably not necessary but I've got a lot to do anyway, I'm in the middle of making a new Band-in-a-Box style).

The zucchini/lentil mac and cheese looks OK.

Notes

1 hour ago, Bapu said:

Cheesus H Christmas

This fred is still alive?

Speaking of alive

Speaking of alive, I once had to give up a first responders job because I misinterpreted a bleeding out patient's last words as inspirational instead of in dire  need of.

He kept saying "BE POSITIVE"

• Haha 1