​🗑️​Bapu's Random Thoughts For The Day

Bapu

This XP computer my brother the programmer gave me didn't have a modern video card, so I couldn't take advantage of my widescreen monitor's capabilities. Everything was 4:3.
A few months ago I bought and installed a G-Force card and it has 3 outputs; VGA, DVI and HDMI. I was using 2 monitors, a 29" Vizio TV/monitor and an HP 20" computer monitor.
I just got a new 43" TV for the living room and decided to move the old 32" Vizio TV into my bedroom, um "studio" to use along with the 29".
Plugged everything in, turned it all on and I just couldn't get the 32" to display via HDMI. Went through all the video card's settings, changing this, resetting that. Nothing worked. I thought I had screwed myself royally by setting the non-working monitor as the main monitor (don't do that!) but got it back to the working monitor, somehow. The 32" was listed in the video settings, but was grayed out.
Back to the video settings to try to discover how to turn the HDMI output on. No joy.
Finally decided to start all over again, reconnecting, resetting, etc.
The HDMI plug wasn't connected to the video card. It had somehow gotten pulled out. :$
Everything is cool now.

42 minutes ago, 57Gregy said:

The HDMI plug wasn't connected to the video card. It had somehow gotten pulled out. :$

Can't wait until Display Port catches on more.  Not only are it's capabilities better, but it has a slight locking mechanism that HDMI doesn't.  My monitor can be rotated and I've had issues with the HDMI not staying connected well...