​🗑️​Bapu's Random Thoughts For The Day

Bapu

On 7/2/2019 at 4:44 PM, Pragi said:

Jeff Beck ?

Sure one of the biggest guitar player.

Reminds me of  this  :

I got to see him play in Denver once. So cool. 😎 

Saw robin Ford too. He is short. Told him to look for me out on the road. I had big dreams then.

And once i randomly got invited in to see jorma kaukonen at the boulder theater. He played an amazing heartfelt show. After, someone from a local music shop who's name I've forgotten asked me if i'd like to linger and meet jorma. Of course.

So, there was a line of people waiting to meet him with records for him to sign. Jorma looked so unhappy as i waited my turn with nothing in my hands. I'm not naturally funny, but i did my best. When i got to him, i said hey and looked at him totally seriously and asked if that performance was the best he could do. He laughed hard and i went home feeling like i made a nice old man a little less miserable. 

Edited by Gswitz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gswitz said:

I got to see him play in Denver once. So cool. 😎 

Saw robin Ford too. He is short. Told him to look for me pout on the road. I had big dreams then.

And once i randomly got invited in to see jorma kaukonen at the boulder theater. He played an amazing heartfelt show. After, someone from a local music shop who's name I've forgotten asked me if i'd like to linger and meet jorma. Of course.

So, there was a line of people waiting to meet him with records for him to sign. Jorma looked so unhappy as i waited my turn with nothing in my hands. I'm not naturally funny, but i did my best. When i got to him, i said hey and looked at him totally seriously and asked if that performance was the best he could do. He laughed hard and i went home feeling like i made a nice old man a little less miserable. 

As an interesting side note to the above, one of the two concerts I've seen since moving up here 16 years ago featured Robben Ford and Jorma Kaukonen (along with a guitar playing girl named Ruthie Foster who almost stole the show).  Heh, I just found some info on the show after a quick search!  March 1st, 2009...

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, craigb said:

Another shot it is then! 😆

15 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

Are you having whiskey or gin🤔

Becan naturally!

(Besides, we were just having the discussion elsewhere that the proper spelling is "whisky." 😀)

12 hours ago, InstrEd said:

Hmm. I think I need to cut the 6th one or is it the 7th one. Why can't these be color coded........🙄

No way....that would take all the fun from troubleshooting

3 hours ago, Mesh said:

No way....that would take all the fun from troubleshooting

Funny you should say that. I have had to fix some model trains and every time you open a new locomotive up you scratch your head as they don't follow a consistent color wiring scheme!