​🗑️​Bapu's Random Thoughts For The Day

Bapu

49 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

I had raisin bran cereal. Does that count?

Let's see...

Raisins - Would be good except they're out of season so you're dumping a lot of sugar into your system, but that should help you fatten up for Winter, ya?

Cereal - Not something humans ate until relatively recently (a few thousand years).  Besides lectins you can't process (Gluten is only the most well known), it all turns into sugar which research is now showing causes most of the problems people have.

Sugar - See the last sentence above.

Dairy - (Assuming you added milk.)  Has its own set of issues especially if it comes from American cows which have a nasty enzyme that European cows do not.

Comparatively speaking, eggs and becan would have been FAR healthier for you!  Heck, new studies have shown that a low-fat diet actually causes twice as many heart-related issues than higher-fat diets.  A lot of good advertising and Government manipulation as usual.

Oh yeah, considering General Mills and Kelloggs are companies using products from Monsanto, you might have some GMO or pesticide issues to watch out for too!

Edited by craigb

3 hours ago, craigb said:

Let's see...

Raisins - Would be good except they're out of season so you're dumping a lot of sugar into your system, but that should help you fatten up for Winter, ya?

Cereal - Not something humans ate until relatively recently (a few thousand years).  Besides lectins you can't process (Gluten is only the most well known), it all turns into sugar which research is now showing causes most of the problems people have.

Dairy - (Assuming you added milk.)  Has its own set of issues especially if it comes from American cows which have a nasty enzyme that European cows do not.

Comparatively speaking, eggs and becan would have been FAR healthier for you!  Heck, new studies have shown that a low-fat diet actually causes twice as many heart-related issues than higher-fat diets.  A lot of good advertising and Government manipulation as usual.

Oh yeah, considering General Mills and Kelloggs are companies using products from Monsanto, you might have some GMO or pesticide issues to watch out for too!

Thanks I  think🙄
Now I don't know what to have for tomorrows breakfast.

8 hours ago, craigb said:

Let's see...

Oh.

I had Marmite on toast for breakfast. I had Marmite on toast for breakfast yesterday and the day before that.

Day after day, week after week, year after year. Marmite. On. Toast.

Some days I wake up and think to myself: I really fancy a bit of Marmite on Toast.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wibbles said:

I had Marmite on toast for breakfast. I had Marmite on toast for breakfast yesterday and the day before that.

Day after day, week after week, year after year. Marmite. On. Toast.

Some days I wake up and think to myself: I really fancy a bit of Marmite on Toast.

*Thinks "What the heck is Marmite?"*

First search results:

Marmite has been in the news after it was reported that Denmark had banned it.

In fact it can be sold but only if a licence is granted by the Danish Veterinary and Food Administration.

*Decides Wibbles can keep it!*

1 hour ago, craigb said:

Fish finger their butties?  Do they sniff the finger afterwards?  (Seinfeld reference.) 😀

5 minutes ago, synkrotron said:

Apparently there are only two things that smell of fish.

And we wonder why there are no ladies posting around here...  *Sigh...* 🙄