​🗑️​Bapu's Random Thoughts For The Day

Bapu

1 minute ago, craigb said:

Don't worry Bob, I have no idea either! i_dont_know_smiley.gif

It's the CH version of The Last Kingdoom and how events wood fall into place ifin we, meaning all of us,  were there.  

Am Putrid the mighty warrior from Thumbria Bapu is Dumbledork of Mercyia

Thanks.

When it comes to TV, I'm rather lost.

No TV, no cable, no antenna, no digital converter. I like it that way. Obviously I have a severe personality defect. ;)

After 3 years gigging on cruise ships before the technology allowed them to receive TV signals, I got out of the habit of watching. When I got back on land, I found I'd rather do something than sit and watch.

Full disclosure: I do rent Netflix movies with the old-fashioned one disc at a time in the mail method. It's the only time the TV gets turned on. That's about once a week or so.

NN

1 hour ago, Notes_Norton said:

Full disclosure: I do rent Netflix movies with the old-fashioned one disc at a time in the mail method. It's the only time the TV gets turned on. That's about once a week or so.

LOL.  My wife and I  decided to cancel our Netflix DVD's at the end of 2020. We use to have a local Netflix Dist. Point 10 miles from house. Closed it down and DVD's  coming from out of state. For the last year they were taking a week on average to get to us. We said the heck with it.

I was really proud to find out that one of my cousins was made an MBE (Member of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire) in the New Year's Honours list for his "services to pathology ... particularly during the Covid-19 response".

11 hours ago, InstrEd said:

LOL.  My wife and I  decided to cancel our Netflix DVD's at the end of 2020. We use to have a local Netflix Dist. Point 10 miles from house. Closed it down and DVD's  coming from out of state. For the last year they were taking a week on average to get to us. We said the heck with it.

Yep it takes a long time, but then it also sits around a few days to a week before we watch it.

I suppose with streaming, sooner or later the DVD in the mail will cease. For us, a streaming subscription doesn't seem worth it to watch perhaps 2 movies a month. Plus the DVD rental covers pretty much all and I don't have to subscribe to multiple streaming services to see what I want to see.

One more thing, I often like the BVDs; that's what I call the short features on the DVDs like 'making of', interviews, and commentary. (B in the BVDs for 'brief' which gives me a double pun.)

I like to be busy - again - I know I'm weird.

Instead of watching TV I learned to write styles for Band-in-a-Box, learned to start and run a mail order business, learned to convert that mail order biz to Internet order,  learned to write HTML, created my own 2 web pages, created over 600 backing tracks for my duo, learned to play wind synthesizer, and learned to play lead guitar (still working on that).

I guess for some people when they do what they enjoy for a living, and it's also their hobby, the pull to 'play' is stronger than the pull to sit and watch.

NN

1 hour ago, Notes_Norton said:

to play wind synthesizer

Now that is on my list of things to learn. I missed the EWI Solo introduction and they sold out quickly. Next batch still a couple of months away. I like the idea of onboard sounds/speaker for practice. I could of got the EWI USB for $250 but then I need a sound source.   Main reason I want one is for double reed instrument sounds. Always wanted to learn oboe but can't justify the cost of a decent one. So the Akai EWI Solo looks perfect for my needs. I already downloaded the fingering chart and have been air practicing LOL