​🗑️​Bapu's Random Thoughts For The Day

Bapu

I had Tooth #19 removed yesterday.

Too much chocolate I guess, and taking ten minutes to floss, scrape and brush my teeth clean, two or sometimes three times a day, wasn't enough to stem the rot.

And I couldn't be bothered with the more expensive options... It was a molar (first molar according to wikipedia) and therefore not that visible. Plus I'm sixty this year and I would rather spend the cash on a couple of VST things.

And  D O O M  Eternal, which is now in my Steam account and installed.

See you in around three months...

• Great Idea 1

43 minutes ago, synkrotron said:

I had Tooth #19 removed yesterday.

#19??!!!

Let's see, by my math that means you only have 13 left??!

Switch to DARK chocolate Andy!  Dark chocolate actually prevents cavities and tooth decay.

• Great Idea 1

I'm having difficulty recording audio with my mic.
I live in a trailer park. I don't get much through traffic since I'm at the end of a dead-end street, but cars can still be heard. 
On one side of the park is a landfill; on the other is new housing construction. Graders, saws, hammering, backhoes, cement mixers, bulldozers all making noise pretty much from 7 until sundown.
Then there are the animals. Crows and other birds. There is an owl who (😀) seems to like the tree right outside my window and never passes up an opportunity to vocalize.
Question: How many feet of sound-proofing will I need?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 57Gregy said:

I'm having difficulty recording audio with my mic.
I live in a trailer park. I don't get much through traffic since I'm at the end of a dead-end street, but cars can still be heard. 
On one side of the park is a landfill; on the other is new housing construction. Graders, saws, hammering, backhoes, cement mixers, bulldozers all making noise pretty much from 7 until sundown.
Then there are the animals. Crows and other birds. There is an owl who (😀) seems to like the tree right outside my window and never passes up an opportunity to vocalize.
Question: How many feet of sound-proofing will I need?

Back in the 1980s I lived a block away from a college. It was nice, lots of young people around, quiet at night.

Then the put up a giant radio antenna to broadcast the school's radio station. WQCS was in everything. Stereo sets, telephone, any recording device. I complained to the FCC and they sent out an engineer, the same one the college uses. Needless to say, that never got resolved. Recording anything but MIDI was out of the question.

We moved.

Fortunately we were renting at the time so it was easy.

So what I'm saying is this: "I understand and feel your pain."

Notes