​🗑️​Bapu's Random Thoughts For The Day

Bapu

Try it again.
My roommate did something to her foot Sunday night. So early Monday I took her to the ER, and they discovered a broken bone there.
I don't like hanging out in ERs with all the sick people, so I mostly walked around the parking lot (car park to our English friends) or sat in the car.
Since I'm a 2nd shift guy, I usually stay up late, sleep late. I had gotten only 5 hours sleep and I was feeling it.
After 3 hours, back home and I started feeling bad. I thought it was just sleeplessness, so I took a nap. It didn't get better through the day, and that night I couldn't sleep at all. Headache, coughing, chills.
Tuesday morning I took a COVID test:  I got the 'rona! I've been fighting fever and aches along with the headache and coughing. Highest was 100.3.
Despite all the naysayers, I used to wear a mask whenever I went somewhere with people. But when I started working 2 days a week at WalMart*, I just couldn't stand having a mask on for 8 hours. It is no longer required, so I took it off.
I stopped wearing one altogether, but I know that's not why I got the 'vid. It could be, though. 
Second day, still feverish, coughing, but it's getting better all the time.
I know there have been a couple other folks here who acquired COVID, thankfully my symptoms aren't too bad.
So far, my roommates haven't been afflicted, which is worrying because Ann is 74, with COPD, high blood pressure and a heart condition. I have been sequestered in my room now for 2 days. 

I live in a "hard" water area - it's basically liquid chalk that comes out of my taps.

I bought some appliance descaler the other day. 

There is a label on the bottle with instructions for usage which says "Read label before use. Use only as directed". And that's it. I've re-read it several times, but I'm none the wiser.

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Wibbles said:

I live in a "hard" water area - it's basically liquid chalk that comes out of my taps.

I bought some appliance descaler the other day. 

There is a label on the bottle with instructions for usage which says "Read label before use. Use only as directed". And that's it. I've re-read it several times, but I'm none the wiser.

I was in a restaurant and after dinner this little packet was presented to me.

Instructions:

Open envelope by tearing across the dotted line

Remove moist, scented towelette

Unfold moist, scented towelette

And use.

The last line got me.

Notes ♫

Okay now, Tim. I've been sequestering myself in my room for the last 10 days, as recommended by the doctor. Still coughing a little, though.
I probably caught it at work, all those filthy loyal customers I was in contact with. I didn't give it to my roommates, thank goodness.
Probably going back to work Sat.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, 57Gregy said:

I didn't give it to my roommates, thank goodness.

Fist time my wife and I both got Covid.

The second time we got it we didn't catch it from each other. But both times I was the one that had to go upstairs and isolate!! : )

Seemed unfair!!