Harisson MPC Channel Plugin

cclarry

MPC Channel represents the latest Harrison digital signal processing platform ported directly from the MPC5 large format digital film console DSP and Xtools.

MPC Channel is designed exclusively for large format film post production applications, designed in an intense collaboration with our many OSCAR and BAFTA-winning collaborators.

MPC Channel is an AAX / Pro Tools compatible plugin that includes customized layouts for the Avid S6, S3, Dock, D-Command and D-Control surfaces with dedicated ProTools features such as EQ curve display and dynamics gain reduction meter.

Additional Features

Glitch-free automation optimized for film and post-production mixing tasks. 

Resizable UI, and selectable light/dark themes. Attention to detail for knob sensitivity and feel: optimized for post/film tasks. 

Comprehensive options to momentarily listen to each stage separately, or momentarily bypass any stage. 

Multichannel-aware: use the MPC channel on your surround stems.

Multi-mono capable.

Instantiate 100's of MPC Channels on a system to recreate the Harrison MPC console processing experience in Pro Tools and/or across an Avid control surface.

Single License Price: $1,500.00USD

MPC Channel is available for purchase directly from Harrison. Contact info@harrisonconsoles.com for ordering information and for special bulk and site license pricing.

For more details, check out the MPC Channel Manual

37a4902c-76d8-491c-b386-7e38dbe97d33.png

• Like 1

MOre seriously , if they release a 32c channel strip at 199 they will kill it but they won t to keep selling their daw itch is understandable ....

1500 ?

console 1 

uad twin

fader one  = fun ...

They make no qualms about who it is designed for. 

If you are running a large format video production house, $1500 is in the realm of Izotope RX Advanced which you already also have. 

Would be interesting to know if they did open the market more to say $200 per seat if they would actually make more money or not than with the strategy of only going after studios/production facilities.

8 hours ago, e-cue said:

Apple and Oranges.  

UAD's AMS NEVE DFC CHANNEL STRIP is literally a tenth the price right now, and Neve (even AMS NEVE) is arguably a more revered brand than Harrison.  

Requires a UA interface to run, so that is also apples to oranges, especially considering the price of any of the non entry level options a production house would want to use.

I agree that I'm not sure Harrison has the clout to charge that and get a bunch of takers, the market will quickly dictate if I'm off base.

16 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Requires a UA interface to run, so that is also apples to oranges, especially considering the price of any of the non entry level options a production house would want to use.

I agree that I'm not sure Harrison has the clout to charge that and get a bunch of takers, the market will quickly dictate if I'm off base.

Okay, fair enough...  You can get a UAD Satellite for $1200 new + the Neve DFC for $149, bringing the total to around $150 cheaper than the Harrison.  Does the Harrison include DSP?  If so, and if you could "Instantiate 100's of MPC Channels on a system to recreate the Harrison MPC console processing experience in Pro Tools and/or across an Avid control surface.", this would be something to pounce on.  

Also, every post house I know/interface with has the uad platform- literally everyone of them. 

Let's take UAD out of the equation.  

Waves SSL G channel:  $39 

McDsp McDSP 6050: $50 

Wave Arts Track Plug: $30 

Brainworx Console N: $99 

Steven Slate VMR: $149 ...  or for oranges - $1500 would get you access to all their plug in's for a decade (or longer depending on the promo).

$1500 isn't even in the ballpark.  Large post facilities have budgets, but they aren't stupid.