Earth Rising - song #9

amiller

On 10/22/2019 at 1:32 PM, Starise said:

That should be a guitar and not a gun you're holding.....well ok I understand you might need to go after the bass player😁 Second thought, maybe you need both.

Quite a nice "jam" you have going on there . Nice silky guitar prowess is abundant!

Thanks for listening and commenting.  I appreciate the positive feedback.😊

On 10/23/2019 at 5:50 PM, Leizer said:

Also heard a lovely Genesis vibe, enjoyed it a lot. :) Fantastic airy guitar sound. Good work! Perhaps the bass player has a bit early timing for my taste, from time to time.

I am a Genesis fan so I guess some of that influence might have worked it’s way, unconsciously, into this song.  Thanks for listening and critiquing and thanks for the kind words.😊

Oh yeah, nice early Genesis vibe all over this one.   😊

Just an enjoyable listen from start to finish.   Lots of nice melodies throughout linked together into a complete piece.

Edit: fake ending!     😁

Edited by SteveC

On 10/30/2019 at 5:38 PM, SteveC said:

Oh yeah, nice early Genesis vibe all over this one.   😊

Just an enjoyable listen from start to finish.   Lots of nice melodies throughout linked together into a complete piece.

Edit: fake ending!     😁

Thanks for listening and the positive comments.  Another nod towards Genesis...I’m gonna have to take a closer listen to see if I can hear the connection.  😊

Classic Prog @amiller overtones of all the bands that had that style, Genesis, Yes, etc, etc.  Unless I am listening to a remix, the bass is fine on the Adam's, a little more punch on the kick might lift it but not totally necessary.

Nice musical journey with plenty to please the furry ears and keep the interested for the full 8:09 I like. :)   

On 11/5/2019 at 11:10 AM, Wookiee said:

Classic Prog @amiller overtones of all the bands that had that style, Genesis, Yes, etc, etc.  Unless I am listening to a remix, the bass is fine on the Adam's, a little more punch on the kick might lift it but not totally necessary.

Nice musical journey with plenty to please the furry ears and keep the interested for the full 8:09 I like. :)   

Thanks for listening and commenting. 
I’m a huge fan of early prog groups.  If some of that is coming through in my music...very cool.

Thank you for the kind words and critique.😊

Hey,

Wow, this is really a fantastic progressive instrumental rocker!👍😀

I love the acoustic intro, and then when everything kicks in, the guitar tone, tasty melodies and playing are phenomenal.  I also really liked the keyboards and great bass lines in the backing track, they really lay down a warm, well textured bed for the great guitar work.😀

Outstanding work, brother, this is an absolute pleasure to listen to!👍

Have a good one!
Bob

On 11/12/2019 at 8:38 AM, jerrydf said:

Reminiscent of the smoother Focus tracks, early Ackermann! Nice move through a few different themes.

Focus had some very cool cutting edge stuff back in the day.  Thanks for listening and the kind words.  ‘Always appreciated.😊

On 11/12/2019 at 2:30 PM, Starise said:

Sweet tone happening here.. using an amp you built?  I thought the mix was well done. Playing never veers....thumbs up and thanks for posting!

Thanks for listening and for the kind words.  The amp tones are from a Kemper profile.

On 11/16/2019 at 4:54 AM, Bob Oister said:

Hey,

Wow, this is really a fantastic progressive instrumental rocker!👍😀

I love the acoustic intro, and then when everything kicks in, the guitar tone, tasty melodies and playing are phenomenal.  I also really liked the keyboards and great bass lines in the backing track, they really lay down a warm, well textured bed for the great guitar work.😀

Outstanding work, brother, this is an absolute pleasure to listen to!👍

Have a good one!
Bob

Bob, thanks for the very kind words.  I really appreciate you taking the time to listen and for the wonderful comments.😊