Latest Focusrite Drivers?

Rod L. Short

On 10/21/2019 at 11:16 PM, Bill Phillips said:

I have a 1st gen 18i8. I usually install the latest driver listed on My Hardware Focusrite page and don't have any significant problems. I have the latest version 4.63.24 installed and seems to have fixed the bug with changing buffer size while CbB is open. Both the latest and the previous version work fine and I found work arounds for adjusting buffer size in the previous version. I'm tickled and am impressed with the performance especially when compared with the original 1st gen drivers.

Could you elaborate a bit more about the "changing buffer size while CbB is open"? What exactly is the issue and what are the workarounds? Thanks!

So, I have a Scarlett 2i4 first gen. My account page lists a newer driver than I’m using, which seems to be working okay.  I’ve held off updTing because of all the issues described in the forum.

<<WINDOWS: FOCUSRITE USB DRIVER 4.62.1.504

Installs driver version 4.62.1.504 for: 1st Generation Scarlett Solo, 2i2 and 2i4 2nd Generation Scarlett Solo, 2i2 and 2i4>>

If I can get better latency performance, I’ll take it.  Any first gen 2i4 users using the above listed driver with stable results?

Thanks much.

5 hours ago, Jan said:

Could you elaborate a bit more about the "changing buffer size while CbB is open"? What exactly is the issue and what are the workarounds? Thanks!

Yes. I'm still using the 4.63.24 which I think is the latest version available for my 1st gen 18i8 and I thought it was working perfectly until I popped a project open to make this screenshot for this post. The first time I clicked the ASIO Panel button on the Driver Settings Preferences page,  the Scarllet Settings dialog box opened on top as it should. But on subsequent times the Scarllet Settings dialog box did not open on top. It opened behind the CbB window, So the workaround I use to find it and make a buffer size change, I close the Preferences dialog, reduce the size of the CbB window and drag the CbB window to the left to uncover the Scarllet Settings dialog box. So it works fine, you just have to find it to use it. Again, I actually thought this was fixed but it's not and I'm not sure who should fix it. I've assumed that should be Focusrite, but I'm not sure.  Let me know it the workaround is still not clear.