Legacy Cakewalk DX Effects (Partially) Missing

KyRo

I noticed that the legacy Cakewalk DX effects weren't showing in my right-click > insert audio effect menu, so I took a peek in the plug-in manager and found that the effects are no longer appearing in the center pane at all (nor in the excluded list) and are grayed out in my custom-made layouts in the right pane:

cw1.jpg.512235c8b9c861c0e204704aae8c13b7.jpg

However, if I use the browser, the effects show up and can be dragged-and-dropped into projects as usual:

cw2.thumb.jpg.5940a53cab5a8f6ce12fb1298c512f50.jpg

I've verified that the .dll files still exist, that their location is included in the VST scan locations, I've rescanned all plug-ins (but haven't reset, as I don't want to lose my presets), and I've only ever installed the 64-bit versions of any plug-ins that have the option.

Any ideas on what else may be causing this behavior or what I might do to fix it?

Thanks!

Edited by KyRo

13 hours ago, KyRo said:

their location is included in the VST scan locations, I've rescanned all plug-ins

The path to the Cakewalk plug-ins like the Multivoice Chorus/Flanger should NOT be in the VST scan path. This series of plug-ins are not VST plug-ins. Notice the standard header for the plug-in in the second image does not have a VST2/3 drop down in the standard header. This is because it is a DX plug-in.  Scanning DX plug-in paths can cause problems with the scanner. That said, removing the paths will not cause the plug-ins to be added to the registered DX plug-ins, which is missing quite a few plug-ins.

Usually, plug-ins are grayed out when there is a problem with the reference in the layout. These layouts may need to be rebuilt.

There is something strange going on because if the Multivoice Chorus/Flanger can be loaded into a project, it should be listed in the plug-in manager as a DX Audio FX. My guess is there is a problem with the registry causing the display problems. This may be something to take up with support@cakewalk.com.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1