Blind Boy Blues

RikF

Hey y'all,  had to have some emergency eye operations to prevent me from going blind, which was partially successful.  Had to cheer myself up by buying a new guitar. It' s an Ibanez AS53.  Thought I'd play my blues away ; )

Rik

Hi Rik.  I'm sorry to hear about your eye concerns and wish that things will improve for your.  I really appreciated your posting this song.  It conveyed emotion -- all without lyrics.  I believe that is what the old Blues guys used to call letting your guitar do the talking.  You also demonstrate that Blues of this style are not all about how many notes that you can cram into a 12 bar run but more about how each note is used and approached.  Really nice stuff pal.

Rik - sorry to hear about the vision and I hope things are improving but - let me tell you - there's nothing wrong with your ears fella; this is one classy blues track and I absolutely love that guitar tone. Up there with some of Chris Rea's finest work imho. Great listen.

Andy

Rick ,   After 2 laptops and a flash drive , I loaded you song in my main daw located in my barn. Set it to loop , and grilled out .   I let it echo off the bottom swamp land , and bounce off the bluff located behind my property . I'm sure everyone enjoyed it !    I hope  your medical problem resolves ..   I'm recovering from a blown eardrum from an infection ,  I know how an intrusion like this  feels..       Thanks for the lesson ...            mark