TH-U Rigs on Sale "Last Call"

Grem

I forgot I had purchased this upgrade. So now that I know I have it, I want to get a few of these Rig packs.

Anyone has some advice on which ones are some of the better ones?

They are on sale for $19!! All of them, $19.

[edit] Not all the TH-U packs are $19. All are on sale, but some (like the Choptones) are $29. Sorry for any confusion.

Edited by Grem

11 minutes ago, Grem said:

I forgot I had purchased this upgrade. So now that I know I have it, I want to get a few of these Rig packs.

Anyone has some advice on which ones are some of the better ones?

They are on sale for $19!! All of them, $19.

Hey Grem,

I think Vintage Collection 1 and 2 are really nice. I also got Brit 1957 and Fried BE50D based on the demo videos but haven't used them much yet. I am also looking for other suggestions before the sale is over. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grem said:

Not all the TH-U packs are $19. All are on sale, but some (like the Choptones) are $29.

Those rigs which 'catalog' price was $29 are offered for $19, those which were $49  (more cabinets in pack) are $29. But of course you can get them in JRR Shop at lower prices.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Zo said:

Guyz those impulses are Mic and cabinet and of course the amp or eq's , fx ect ...?

Nope. It is kind of kemper-like stuff. Preset which is loaded into virtual 'kemper'.  You have also similar knobs to adjust tone like you could for instance from clean go to crunch playing with gain, bias etc... You can turn off amp or cab and use external as well.

thu-rig-player.thumb.jpg.c2807baa53059fbd2b6937cdd33d4fde.jpg

1 minute ago, Piotr said:

Nope. It is kind of kemper-like stuff. Preset which is loaded into virtual 'kemper'.  You have also similar knobs to adjust tone like you could for instance from clean go to crunch playing with gain, bias etc... You can turn off amp or cab and use external as well.

thu-rig-player.thumb.jpg.c2807baa53059fbd2b6937cdd33d4fde.jpg

Piotr , i don't know kemper ...so it's only Amp +Cab +mic , right ?

6 minutes ago, Zo said:

Piotr , i don't know kemper ...so it's only Amp +Cab +mic , right ?

Yep, kind of, but most(many? - in fact I was not able to  go over all there are so many especially in choptones things) are great sounding instantly ;) But still... If you like you can tweak them.  However worth to notice is some knobs when changed their value stay with it even after preset change which could lead to confusion. As for instance for some rigs less bass sound great for others terrible... Etc...

Edited by Piotr

5 minutes ago, Zo said:

Scepticle with this ....basically seem statik impulses with regular eq's or impulses loaded with each eq step ?

You would have to talk to someone who has a "Profiling" amp to really get the idea of it. 

But from what I have gathered a amp such as Kemper takes a pic of you rig from start to finish and gives you that exact sound. If it's an impulse file Idk. But a guy like @Jim Roseberry has that kind of amp and swears by it. Maybe he will come in and give some info from a user.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Zo said:

Scepticle with this ....basically seem statik impulses with regular eq's or impulses loaded with each eq step ?

Unfortunately rigs cannot be demoed so no way to check by yourself  :(

Anyway it is good for you ;) You do not have desire to have it.

To be honest I dig it as I am not fan of tweaking etc. Like to connect guitar put something I believe sounds good and done ;)

So rarely tweaking any rig (few times just for fun and curiosity ). It is faster just go to next and check if it is what I want at the moment.  There are so many of them in packs. For instance choptones boogie has 149 rigs!

• Like 1

Just now, Zo said:

yep but still on Th3

You can have also great tones on TH3.

Take a look at Two Notes Torpedo Wall of Sound.

It is very advanced 'impulse' loader. In fact something more as they have something like in BIAS. Their own format which give you opportunity to play with mics and cabinets by gui visually not going through directories load   impulses, mix, check next etc...

In fact you can demo it by 30days and simplest version (3 cabs) costs 8.20 EUR. To be owner of this plugin you need to buy at least 1 cabinet (which costs 8.2)

https://www.two-notes.com/wall-of-sound

Just now, Piotr said:

You can have also great tones on TH3.

Take a look at Two Notes Torpedo Wall of Sound.

It is very advanced 'impulse' loader. In fact something more as they have something like in BIAS. Their own format which give you opportunity to play with mics and cabinets by gui visually not going through directories load   impulses, mix, check next etc...

In fact you can demo it by 30days and simplest version (3 cabs) costs 8.20 EUR. To be owner of this plugin you need to buy at least 1 cabinet (which costs 8.2)

https://www.two-notes.com/wall-of-sound

Thks yep i downolaeded it when Soundwise talked about it  ...i forgot to install it !:!