Truepiano

So I'm just about positive I had the full version way back in the day but unfortunately nothing but the Amber module shows up. I don't see a second instance in VST plugs. Now I can buy the full version again for like a hundred and thirty bucks but for 150 I can download the kontakt player and get the piano Noire.

I think that's probably the way to go.

WSS

Edited by Stephen Simmons

SONAR was shipped with a limited (or special edition) version of TruePianos that contained only the Amber module, if I recall correctly. I also had the "full" version from way before SONAR started bundling it. But if you have your installers and your password/activation code safe, you can re-install the full product.

If you no longer have the full installers or your activation code, well, yeah, you might be out of luck.

Personally, I'm using Pianoteq STAGE instead of Truepianos these days.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Colin Nicholls said:

SONAR was shipped with a limited (or special edition) version of TruePianos that contained only the Amber module, if I recall correctly. I also had the "full" version from way before SONAR started bundling it. But if you have your installers and your password/activation code safe, you can re-install the full product.

If you no longer have the full installers or your activation code, well, yeah, you might be out of luck.

Personally, I'm using Pianoteq STAGE instead of Truepianos these days.

Oh no doubt trupiano's is probably a pretty dated program by now. I'll try logging in and see if I'm in the memory. Like I said I love the piano noire but I've heard good things about the garritan I think they make the sampled Abbey Road Grand.

WSS

On 10/19/2019 at 9:26 AM, Stephen Simmons said:

So I'm just about positive I had the full version way back in the day but unfortunately nothing but the Amber module shows up. I don't see a second instance in VST plugs. Now I can buy the full version again for like a hundred and thirty bucks but for 150 I can download the kontakt player and get the piano Noire.

I think that's probably the way to go.

WSS

Some more info on Truepianos talked about on here:

https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/topic/5389-help-with-failed-updates-on-truepianos-within-cbb/&tab=comments#comment-46489

https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/topic/6220-truepiano-or-free-piano-that-sounds-good/&tab=comments#comment-55247

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2019 at 7:01 PM, John Maar said:

I provided my TruePianos SONAR serial number to their tech support, and was given a 30% discount, so I paid $48.30 for the full (use anywhere) license.

That's pretty good deal maybe I should try that. I looked them up and the full version was almost a hundred and forty bucks which isn't worth it if I can get Kontakt piano Noir for 150.

I wouldn't mind having truepianos if it was 48 bucks.

WSS

On 10/31/2019 at 1:24 PM, Stephen Simmons said:

That's pretty good deal maybe I should try that. I looked them up and the full version was almost a hundred and forty bucks which isn't worth it if I can get Kontakt piano Noir for 150.

I wouldn't mind having truepianos if it was 48 bucks.

WSS

Let us know if that still works.

• Like 1