Willing to Sing?

Johnbee58

I have a song that I wrote about 2 years ago.  It's a very pretty ballad type of song.  I did the original vocal track and I've tried and I've tried and I've tried to do the song justice but my voice just plain SUCKS!!!  There are a few people on this forum who have suggested that I try to find other people to sing my music.  Well, I'm ready to ask for that favor on this song because it deserves the best.  If you're willing to give it a go please PM me.  I'll send you the instrument track and you can try it.  The original voice (mine) is in tenor range and it's keyed in C but as the instrument tracks are in MIDI I can change it to any key and I would be willing to.  Here is the song https://johnbowen.bandcamp.com/track/a-song-for-the-seasons

Understand that I cannot pay you.  You would have my gratitude, but that doesn't pay the bills, I know.  But I know that there are many in this community who would be willing to help out another artist.  Also, please don't bother to reply if you don't like the song the way it is.  I don't plan on changing anything about it.  I do not want critiques, ridicules or suggestions on how to arrange or re arrange it.  I don't mean to sound like an ogre, especially when I'm asking a free favor, but this is my art.  Please respect it as such.  If you can't do that, I don't want or need your help.  I just would like a better singer to sing this track.

Thanks for any consideration.

🙂John B

• Like 1

8 hours ago, craigb said:

Good luck on your search! 🙂

I would only make you feel better about your voice. 😂

Likewise. A couple of forum members will have heard one of my guide vocals and will never be the same again. 😉

I have to find both Male and Female lead vocals for my current project. Finding the right voice is hard.

• Like 1

Some really nicely conceived melodies there. I'm more of a guitarist than a singer, but that has real nice movement and in a comfortable range.  I might be able to pull it off. Send me a drop box link of what you have and I'll see what I can do. 

Warning: these samples contain Funky and Boogie Woogie Bapu, listener discretion  is advised.  Has been known to cause foot spasms and pelvis gyrations in the state of CA  

Edited by Grant Starr
  • Like 1

Hey Grant!!

Sounds like your voice is the type that would cut it.  I must confess I never gave much consideration to how I'm going to exchange files other than good ol' email.

If you could give me a quick lesson on how Drop Box works it might help.  I've heard of it but never used it.  I hope it's free.

BTW-Thanks for your kind words on the song.  I listened to yours and "Tube Snake Boogie" had me in stitches.🤣

🙂JB

There are a few good cloud resources that have a certain amount of free storage.  OneDrive if you already have an Office 365 subscription, GoogleDrive, DropBox, etc.

I personally use my own domains and FTP, but maybe Bapu will chime in since he exchanges a lot of files.

• Like 1

If you want the smallest file size, do a rough stereo mp3 mix with a guide vocal, and send that through regular email, along with the BPM of your project.  You would want to receive the vocal back as a 24bit wav file/files.  The person sending the file back to you just needs to make sure that they extend the blank beginning of the vocal clip/clips to the very first bar, so it will align with your project. it's just a matter of importing the vocal/vocals into your full project.  

Edited by S.L.I.P.
  • Like 1

Yes, all those options will work. Just sign up for a free account @ dropbox.com and you will have enough storage space to get the files to me. You will then simply upload the files, choose the share option, copy the link then send the link in a PM or post them here.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Grant Starr said:

Yes, all those options will work. Just sign up for a free account @ dropbox.com and you will have enough storage space to get the files to me. You will then simply upload the files, choose the share option, copy the link then send the link in a PM or post them here.   

OK.  I'll get to work on the backing file and get it to you later this week. 

Thanks all for the tips.

🙂JB

• Like 1