Rocky Flow

ramscapri

On 10/18/2019 at 10:19 PM, daryl1968 said:

Love the rhythm track and space in the mix - really tasteful and tasty synth sounds. Very nice indeed sir.

Thanks Daryl for your kind words. Glad you liked it. 

Edited by ramscapri

On 10/19/2019 at 1:02 AM, mark skinner said:

Don't know how you managed to create something so close to the edge ... and so smooth at the same time .  I really liked the synth voices  and especially the pitch wheel sections.  This one really stirred up a lot of different emotions .    Loved it     mark

Thanks Mark. Glad you loved it. 

On 10/19/2019 at 8:05 AM, DeeringAmps said:

Enjoyed this for sure. That little “dive bomb” bit, around 2:00ish, is pretty cool. If you put a rock drummer behind this I think it could pass as an ELP track. Very cool. 

Tom

Thanks Tom. Glad you enjoyed the track. Thanks for the drums suggestion on the dive. Will look to try that sometime. 

Really nice sounds in there for sure. The percussion track/loop was repetitive to the point of distraction for me. I kept waiting for something else to happen there and then oh finally.........it's stopped......is it going to change now? ......no, it's back again.

Other than that I liked it.

Fun. Loved the vibey gooey chorus-ey-ness on the leads. The percussion was uber dry by comparison, and I think it makes the little whhiiips and bleeeps stick out a bit, and I agree, the percussion kind of distracts because of it. Have you tried sending all those percs to a bus with a little rvb on it? Or maybe more rvb? Just a thought.

It's a very mesmerizing listen. Pretty awesome, actually! Rewminds me a bit of Walt Collins, an old stalwart whom I haven't noticed around here of late.

cheers,

-Tom

On 10/24/2019 at 9:23 PM, paulo said:

Really nice sounds in there for sure. The percussion track/loop was repetitive to the point of distraction for me. I kept waiting for something else to happen there and then oh finally.........it's stopped......is it going to change now? ......no, it's back again.

Other than that I liked it.

I get the point Paulo. Was so focused on working on the lead and completing the track that I lost the will to work on variations to the rhythm and beats. 😀🤣

Thanks for listening and for the comments...

On 10/27/2019 at 10:32 PM, emeraldsoul said:

Fun. Loved the vibey gooey chorus-ey-ness on the leads. The percussion was uber dry by comparison, and I think it makes the little whhiiips and bleeeps stick out a bit, and I agree, the percussion kind of distracts because of it. Have you tried sending all those percs to a bus with a little rvb on it? Or maybe more rvb? Just a thought.

It's a very mesmerizing listen. Pretty awesome, actually! Rewminds me a bit of Walt Collins, an old stalwart whom I haven't noticed around here of late.

cheers,

-Tom

Thanks a lot Tom for listening and providing your constructive comments. Yes truly I didn't do much processing on the rhythm and beats. Some additional reverb on those could have got them to gel better with the lead and stay slightly away in space. Will keep that in mind for next time.