In one week I will take the best flight in my life...

Øyvind Skald

Yeah.

I am going to Philippines. Ether I am not going to post much in a while or I will post much more... Because I won't have a DAW with me and I don't know what my daily scheduled will be. I thought about fixing a laptop but then I need a sound-card that is not the UA Apollo card I have. And suddenly it is a large bill on equipment needed for a DAW I really don't need.

Well I will update you ether way tho. If you want it or not. Yeah. I can mark the posts with a heart ❤️ so people can stay away if thew need! 😁

6 minutes ago, Notes_Norton said:

Have a great time!!!

There are a lot of good Filipino musicians. I worked on cruise ships for 3 years, and the half dozen Filipino bands I worked the ships with played American/English and Spanish music better than any other Asian band I've ever heard.

Notes

That's very true.  I've seen quite a few Filipino cover bands and they're just naturally talented bunch.....was very impressed with the musicianship.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2019 at 2:53 AM, Øyvind Skald said:

Yeah.

I am going to Philippines. Ether I am not going to post much in a while or I will post much more... Because I won't have a DAW with me and I don't know what my daily scheduled will be. I thought about fixing a laptop but then I need a sound-card that is not the UA Apollo card I have. And suddenly it is a large bill on equipment needed for a DAW I really don't need.

Well I will update you ether way tho. If you want it or not. Yeah. I can mark the posts with a heart ❤️ so people can stay away if thew need! 😁

Hey bro, Good luck and have a good trip.

• Like 1

You're going to be in a very rural area, so you might have to travel hours (everywhere you go takes hours) to find a bar with a live band. 

However, it's a very musical country. At the very least, expect to do some karaoke. Don't be shy when invited to do so - it really doesn't matter if you do it well or not, they'll love you for participating.

What I'd suggest is working in a couple days in Manila on your way back home. Staying in Manila eases the anxiety of catching your flight on time (believe me, you do NOT want to miss your flight), and it's the best place to find music of any genre, from folk to prog to metal.

Have a great trip!

• Like 1

On 10/18/2019 at 4:53 AM, Øyvind Skald said:

Yeah.

Allow me to say the following, having no idea about you and your values.  Just listen and be careful.

An acquaintance of mine went to the Philippines about 7 years ago to meet a female he met online.  While at his hotel a couple of young girls came onto him, and he not being too smart, but generally a moral guy, allowed them into his room.  They wanted to have s_x, but he told them no.  Something was stolen by them, I do not remember what.

But he later in the week discovered that the hotel had cameras and management was working with the girls.  

Long story short, if he had succumbed to a base instinct, he might have been brought up on child s_x charges, or blackmail, or both.

Edited by Toddskins
  • Like 1

I work with companies in Manila and often are either talking to or remoting into servers there.  While most of the people are wonderful (polite to a fault usually), the country itself is very third-world when it comes to technology and business.  But the most annoying thing to realize is that just about everything has an underbelly of corruption with bribery being the norm.  Just know that weird things can and do happen with the usually solution being money paid to someone.  Yes, I've got a few stories, but let's just stick with the positives!

• Like 1

Yup, the scammers are everywere.....

I became a victim of a clever scam while out shopping. Don't be naive enough to think it couldn't happen to you or your friends. Here's how the scam works:

Two seriously good-looking 20-21 year-old girls come over to your car as you are packing your shopping into the trunk. They both start wiping your windshield with a rag and Windex, with their breasts almost falling out of their skimpy tops.

It is impossible not to look.

When you thank them and offer them a tip, they say 'no' and instead ask you for a ride to McDonalds.

You agree and they get into the back seat. On the way, they start undressing. Then one of them climbs over into the front seat and starts crawling all over you, while the other one steals your wallet.

I had my wallet stolen August 4th, 9th, 10th, twice on the 15th, 17th, 20th, 24th & 29th. Also September 1st & 4th, twice on the 8th, 16th, 23rd, 26th, three times last Monday and very likely again this upcoming weekend.

So tell your friends to be careful.

P.S. Wal-Mart has wallets on sale for 2.99 each. I found cheaper ones for $1.99 at K-Mart and bought them out. Also, you never will get to eat at McDonalds. I've already lost 11 pounds just running back and forth to Home Depot.

• Haha 3