Question about Bandlab and audio interfaces

Noric

Hi all,

This question relates to the online bandlab application but I cannot see any forum that supports that app :( Apologies for posting in the Cakewalk forum but I am struggling to understand why my Presonus AudioBox 96 USB interface is no longer working in Bandlab.  When I connect the device, bandlab recognizes it as my audio interface as before until I choose it as the input device for recording my guitar.  It worked perfectly for about  8 months but yesterday it popped up a message window saying 3-Audiobox USB 96 Midi in (microsoft corporation).  When I try to choose it in the input field, I get "no device".  If I choose Default - Line (3-audiobox usb 96), it goes back to no device and I cant hear my guitar.  I've checked my windows 10 laptop and nothing has changed.  I'm thinking the 3-Audiobox USB 96 Midi in "midi" dialouge is part of the issue, i.e. my laptop thinks the audio =box is a midi device and not an audio one.  I'm pretty new to all this as you might have guessed :D

Has anyone else had this problem?  Thanks for taking the time to look in!

Cheers

Edited by Noric

Online BandLab uses coding specific to the Chrome browser.  I suspect you recently had a Chrome update and may not even realize it.  Many times Chrome updates as a background task and the update is not applied until the next time you open the browser.  In addition to the BandLab support link scook provided, check out the Google browser forum here:  https://support.google.com/chrome/community?hl=en

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Same problem here: jumps back to 'no device' 

Solution: go to all settings > sound en then 'microsoft privacy settings' and choose 'allow apps to access microphone'

And it works!!!

(first i tried to re install chrome en de- install a virusscanner but that didn't work )

• Thanks 2

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/27/2020 at 7:51 AM, Ad Kersten said:

Same problem here: jumps back to 'no device' 

Solution: go to all settings > sound en then 'microsoft privacy settings' and choose 'allow apps to access microphone'

And it works!!!

(first i tried to re install chrome en de- install a virusscanner but that didn't work )

This worked for me 6/4/2022

Edited by Abby Gentele