Miroslav Philharmonik crashes Cakewalk

Paul George Webb

Question

I used to be able to insert 3 instances of Miroslav Philharmonik (1)  into a Cakewalk sequencer file with no problem. Now, with Cakewalk by Bandlab, I can insert 1 instance of MP with no problem. I can add a 2nd instance and it works until I close file and then reopen it in Cakewalk. Then instead of loading, it freeze Cakewalk and I have to force a shutdown of Cakewalk.

After some experimenting I found that I can add 3 instances of MP but not load any instruments, and then I can save, close and reopen it. But as soon as I add instruments to more than one instance, the attempt to reopen the file freezes Cakewalk.

I can load instrument into all 3 instances of MP and it all works fine as long as I keep the file open. But as soon as  I save the file, close it and trying reopen it,  it freezes Cakewalk.

I always have to select Run As Administrator when I run Cakewalk if I what to use MP or MP doesn't load at all.

I am finding that I have the same problem with Sampletank 2.5

My computer is ASUS Desktop PC M11BB, 14GB RAM, Windows 10 64 bit, AMD A8-6500 APU with Radeon HD Graphics

Any ideas about what could fix this?

2 answers to this question

The old IK instruments (Sampletank 2.5 generation) do not work correctly in Cakewalk.  I seem to remember their being 32-bit was a big factor but it also was some issues with just old Win XP style things as well.  If you ran Cakewalk (or SONAR, it applied to both) as admin you could get them to work but it wasn't very reliable, which sounds like what your seeing.  You might have more luck using them under jBridge, but I think most people just moved on.  Newer versions of Sampletank will load those old libraries if you do some conversions (though you lose the Miroslav GUI features) and do work correctly.