STL Tonality Will Putney Video

Zo

Hi guyz , here's my take on a pure beauty when it comes to amp sim : Tonality suites , this one being the Will Putney one !!

1) Intro and plugin tour 

2) All fun crunch sound$ @ 2 min 45

3) Heavy sounds @ 11 min 45

4) Bass amp @ 23 min 20

5) Presets tour @ 29 min

6) Conclusion @33 min 

Thks For watching !!!

• Thanks 5

17 minutes ago, Zo said:

Hi guyz , here's my take on a pure beauty when it comes to amp sim : Tonality suites , this one being the Will Putney one !!

1) Intro and plugin tour 

2) All fun crunch sound$ @ 2 min 45

3) Heavy sounds @ 11 min 45

4) Bass amp @ 23 min 20

5) Presets tour @ 29 min

6) Conclusion @33 min 

Thks For watching !!!

Wow, Zo, in short time you will become the most productive guitar sim amps reviewer ;)

Just now, Piotr said:

Wow, Zo, in short time you will become the most productive guitar sim amps reviewer ;)

Nah i have painters at home , can't do serious job , so i'm chelling on dayz of ... lol 

Tell me if ya like the tones .... i don't have real things around ...

29 minutes ago, Zo said:

Nah i have painters at home , can't do serious job , so i'm chelling on dayz of ... lol 

Ha, so will I be selfish hoping painter will be very careful about details giving you more time for reviews ;)

30 minutes ago, Zo said:

Tell me if ya like the tones .... i don't have real things around ...

Like it and little surprised in good way. When I grabbed it to test I had kind of kingdom of fizzyness in sounds at almost every preset for distorted tones which I couldn't stand so skipped this thing.

Now thinking what was causing the issue. Not present in you review with your demo track. 

What is interesting I tested some time later also their Andy James thing and no similar issue.

But cannot retest it anyway to try identify problem as trial is one time only. But anyway I have so many things to get instant nice distorted tones like choptones rigs for TH-U so plenty of option already at hand.

Yep presets , i never go for them , for test i check how fast i can make a tone ... check quik ly the cabinet for their tonal impact , chose one amp and go from there ... 

I noticed it reacts well to eqs. , and when gainstaged well , never gets arshes and in my tests it even sounded better than neural dsp witch is the reference since few releases ...

Their ampeg sounds exellent also , pretty surprised how much caracter it has !!  I really think this suite is dope .

Edited by Zo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Carlos said:

You know I love you Zo, is just it was kind of a let down seeing you using a virtual midi bass instrument for the bass review :P

lol you know i'm buying a marcus miller soon ;) just to please you right ?

Say the truth and tell me this Modo bass can generate some great tone ...  i love how i can dial the tone i want in an amp and then start fine tune the BASS (and not the amp) to get more body , less pick ect .... just pure joy to use !!

Edited by Zo

2 hours ago, Zo said:

lol you know i'm buying a marcus miller soon ;) just to please you right ?

Say the truth and tell me this Modo bass can generate some great tone ...  i love how i can dial the tone i want in an amp and then start fine tune the BASS (and not the amp) to get more body , less pick ect .... just pure joy to use !!

It's not that it sounds bad, but it's so obvious it sounds midi (nothing wrong with that), just wondering if the guys who recorded guitars for you could record some real electric bass guitar :P

1 minute ago, Carlos said:

It's not that it sounds bad, but it's so obvious it sounds midi (nothing wrong with that), just wondering if the guys who recorded guitars for you could record some real electric bass guitar :P

Oh the playing ? i wanted it like this for the hip hop beat  ;)  i was just testing tones (pick up placement , stuyle ect ...just got Modo Bass several dayz ago , need to master it for course ;)

• Like 1