I keep getting audio dropout and lag when trying to play recordings

Bevan

Question

I suspect that the reason is that my mixing latency is stuck at the fast buffer side (10.0ms, 480 samples), and moving the slider to the right doesnt do anything.

I'm using a Berhinger UMC U22 for my mic input and sound out, and have my Piano connected directly to my PC.

I dont have any integrated audio drivers installed, but also have a Creative Katana Soundbar with drivers installed so that could be conflicting - I'd like to continue to be able to use either as required, the berhinger purely while recording and soundbar for everything else.

Hardware wise I have an I7 9700k and 32 Gb ram which should be plenty, and I'm currently running Sonar Platinum off a HDD, would running it off an SSD help for this issue?

Edited by Bhav

6 answers to this question

17 minutes ago, Chuck E Baby said:

Runnng sonar from an SSD would help but not with the latency issues you are experiencing.

My advise is to install the Behringer ASIO driver and see if that remedy's your main issue

I already did that, it just uses asio4all.

Also https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/behringer-audio-interface-setup-guide/ 

EDITED MY INFO BELOW IS NOT CORRECT - sorry about that.  I looked it up after I had posted - I went to the Behringer site for this interface, and the driver download actually provides a link to download ASIO4ALL as its drivers.

I believe this audio interface is Class-Compliant, meaning Windows will automatically download and install the needed drivers for it.  If you have interference by ASIO4ALL when trying to get to the ASIO driver should download for it - you might consider uninstalling ASIO4ALL and then seeing if the proper device drivers get downloaded an installed by Windows.

Bob Bone

Bob Bone

Edited by Robert Bone
I was wrong - edited to show that and give a little better info