forum user names

gargonknight

1 hour ago, don Shirley said:

hi, like the look of the new forum, just one thing to add or maybe ive missed it, is username.

to log into the forum i used the bandlab app login and see tha it uses my name rather than my username. will this be implemented?

You can't change the displayed name directly if you used your existing BandLab account to log in.         However you can change the BandLab name and by default this change will be reflected in this forum. That is, change your real name for a desired nickname. If you wish to use you real name for the Bandlab, you need to untcik " Update my display name here when my BandLab username changes", then go back to you BandLab account and change your name back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Paul G said:

I had to log in with my email address but my username showed up without my having to do anything.

Same here, I couldn't log in with my Cakewalk's username and had to use email adress instead but then my nick (username) just popped up without me doing anything. Same story on Bandlab account. Weird.

6 hours ago, Soundwise said:

You can't change the displayed name directly if you used your existing BandLab account to log in.         However you can change the BandLab name and by default this change will be reflected in this forum. That is, change your real name for a desired nickname. If you wish to use you real name for the Bandlab, you need to untcik " Update my display name here when my BandLab username changes", then go back to you BandLab account and change your name back.

6 hours ago, Lord Tim said:

OK, in Account Settings there's a checkbox for Update Username when Bandlab Name Changes (or something like that). If you uncheck that, does it allow you to edit your username here independently?

... that moment when you scroll back through a thread and you realised you missed that someone already gave an actual answer to the one you took a guess at. 😑 *hands the microphone to @Soundwise and goes and sits down*

Edited by Lord Tim
Trying out the nifty @username stuff
  • Haha 1