Access to Studio Instruments

Bronxio

Hi, I've instaled the Studio Instruments Suite, but I can't find the four plug-ins inside Cakewalk. They don't appear in the virtual instruments module, as my other manually installed plug-ins. So, where are them? How can I reach the Studio Instruments ones?

Cheers,

1 hour ago, Bronxio said:

Hi, I've instaled the Studio Instruments Suite, but I can't find the four plug-ins inside Cakewalk. They don't appear in the virtual instruments module, as my other manually installed plug-ins. So, where are them? How can I reach the Studio Instruments ones?

Cheers,

Have you gone to Preferences | File | VST Settings and done a Reset and Scan (in that order)

Edited by Promidi

Does it mean that they should appear in the virtual instruments list with my other plug-ings? Oh...

"Reset" means I must loose my user presets, and I made ones for the acustic compensation (several frequencies). Can I save them in any way before doing that?

This is all the content on each Program Files\Cakewalk\Studio Instruments folder (in "SI-Electric Piano" in this case). For those who got the Studio Instruments installed, don't you have any .dll file in there? Because I have no one.

imagen.png

"C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Studio Instruments" is data folders of Studio Instruments.
.dll files are in each plugin name folder in "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Vstplugins". and this path is default VST scan path. So Studio Instruments should be scanned automatically when Cakewalk startup if you are using default settings.
If it's not still appearring as VST instruments, click "Scan" or "Reset" and then "Scan" at VST Settings in the prefference.

Thanks for your reply. I've made a lot of rescans and they never show up.

4 minutes ago, Chuck E Baby said:

The what now ?

I wanted to mean the virtual instruments list. That zone in Cakewalk where I can see my installed plug-ins.

I'll try a manual uninstall and re-install, now then.

1 minute ago, HIBI said:

"C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Studio Instruments" is data folders of Studio Instruments.
.dll files are in each plugin name folder in "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Vstplugins". and this path is default VST scan path. So Studio Instruments should be scanned automatically when Cakewalk startup if you are using default settings.
If it's not still appearring as VST instruments, click "Scan" or "Reset" and then "Scan" at VST Settings in the prefference.

Ah, I've found them, thank you. Yes, that folder is included in the Cakewalk plug-ins folders. But I can't understand why they don't show up. I'll try uninstalling and re-installing first, because reseting the VST plugins means to lose my presets, and I have some that I prefer not to re-make. I'll tell after the test.

Studio Instruments should appear as VST Instruments (VSTi) in the Cakewalk Plug-in Manager. (Open from Utilities menu)
If those plugins are listed in there, scan was already succeed.

Edited by HIBI

39 minutes ago, Bronxio said:

because reseting the VST plugins means to lose my presets

I don't think presets are erased, I think its configurations.

From the documentation-

Note: if you configure an audio effect as a synth, this setting will be erased and you will need to reapply the setting. Please keep this in mind when performing the below steps.

You can also try Rescan failed plug ins in the VST preferences.

Also as @HIBI Mentioned, make sure your getting those plug ins from the VST-I listed and not VST listed plug ins.

57 minutes ago, scook said:

A VST Reset has nothing to do with plug-in presets.

Cakewalk' message when I press "reset" doesn't seem to say that. "Perderá todos los ajustes de configuración personalizados" could be translated as "You will lose all the presets". I think it's very clear about this (reset not equal to re-scan)

Thank you for the similar thread. I'll wait to the support answer and, if they tell me I must do that, I'll do it, despite I may lose my presets (maybe I can export them?)

imagen.png

The message refers to modifications to the plug-in properties settings not plug-in presets. Each VST plug-in has a properties page like this one

41iOcx0.png

This page is accessed from the VST2/3 drop down in the standard header above the plug-in UI and from the plug-in manager.  These settings are stored in the VST Inventory.  A VST reset clears the inventory then rebuilds it by scanning all the plug-ins. 

• Like 1

While a VST reset is the easiest solution, forcing a re-scan of existing plug-ins may work. This option is on the same preference page. It should be enabled just for the manual scan then turned off after the scan. Do not leave re-scan options enabled after running the manual scan to address this issue.

If a re-scan does not update the registry properly another method which avoids a running the Reset option is

• manually move the dlls out of the scan path,
  • run a manual scan to clear out the bad registry entries,
  • replace the dlls in the scan path and
  • run another manual scan to rebuild the registry for these plug-ins.
  • Like 1

On 10/17/2019 at 11:09 PM, scook said:

The message refers to modifications to the plug-in properties settings not plug-in presets. Each VST plug-in has a properties page like this one

41iOcx0.png

This page is accessed from the VST2/3 drop down in the standard header above the plug-in UI and from the plug-in manager.  These settings are stored in the VST Inventory.  A VST reset clears the inventory then rebuilds it by scanning all the plug-ins.

Ok, you were right. I've reset the plugins and my presets are still there. Problem fixed with just that reset! Thank you all! ☺️👍

This topic got me looking for the Studio Instruments as well. I can see the  .BMP files for each instrument but don't have a Studio Instruments folder. I've searched for the .dll files as well, nada.  I'm running 2019.09.

I also checked Bandlab assistant for an install/reinstall. Nothing there either.

Any way to reinstall the Studio Instruments? Anything else I can do?

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

I am experiencing the same problem. Tried with a re-install but nothing... I can see the DLLs, they are seen, but no luck :(

Any idea how to work this around?

Please ignore - I have solved it with a reset...apparently way more powerful than a fresh install 😮

Edited by Luca Martinengo
SOLVED