Completely stuck over how to insert tempo changes

Bevan

Question

I'm still using Sonar Platinum which I think should be the same as I didn't yet know about Bandlab. I need to learn how to change tempo mid track and if possible add acceleration and deceleration between changes and for this to hopefully work with midi tracks if possible.

3 answers to this question

go to the Menu->Views-> Tempo or press alt shit 5 to bring up the tempo map pane

you can adjust the tempo at any point by going to the specific point in the timeline and press the + sign at the top left. you can add a gradual tempo change by using the draw tool and drawing a line between the 2 points

tempo.gif.bcacc6f96b5f5c09963d0d9b7facaec9.gif

• Like 1

An important little bit of info - in the little GIF animation above, there are 2 options that are super important to pay attention to - in the Tempo dialog box that opens up, you can see two 'radio buttons' to pick from, one being to Change the Most Recent Tempo, and the other to Insert a New Tempo.

Choose wisely from those two choices.  If you are wanting to only start using the new tempo from the current Now time forward, then you want to make sure to choose the Insert a NEW Tempo option, so that Cakewalk leaves any prior tempos alone, otherwise - selecting that Change the Most Recent Tempo would NOT insert the tempo change where your Now Time is set, but rather, it would go backwards to whatever the last tempo was set, and it will change THAT tempo.

The project will play at the new tempo until the end of the project, or another tempo change is inserted.

SO - just take a moment when you insert a tempo, to make sure you have the desired radio button option selected, prior to hitting OK.  :)

Bob Bone

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Robert Bone said:

in the Tempo dialog box that opens up, you can see two 'radio buttons' to pick from, one being to Change the Most Recent Tempo, and the other to Insert a New Tempo.

Choose wisely from those two choices.

This is very important to a user who is new to tempo changes in Cakewalk.

• Like 1