Softube Console One Fader

cclarry

A modern mixing system

The Console 1 mixing ecosystem is so much more than a simple DAW/plug-in controller. It’s an efficient, elegant, and amazing-sounding modern mixing solution, combining hardware and software to give you the best of both worlds: the versatility, affordability, and usability of in-the-box mixing, alongside the workflow, feel, and focus dedicated hardware can bring.

Console 1 Fader can be used alone, or in combination with the original Console 1 channel strip controller for a tight ‘complete desk’ experience. You can even use multiple Console 1 Fader units to build the ideal workflow for your specific studio.

Learn more about Console 1 Fader

Edited by cclarry

Still don't know if i jump or not , i loked since a while budget for a controller ... waited this one to make decision , now the wya i see it it's not makie control or some , it's the same as C1 aka you need to insert their plugin : not fan 

Not fan also to have to  deal with screen versus built in screens like the Avid artist , if S1 has Eucon i would have jumped , and if cubase would let ypu structure song with a way to overlapp audio clip and read overlapss easy i would have switched to cuabse and go eucon !!!

small deteails , big impacts !!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RSMcGuitar said:

This is a fairly strange claim. I mean isn't this just a controller? How can a controller sound amazing?

you insert a plugin on each channel that has drive , color (of the drive) and filter ....

Like insert the drive knob softube in sonar PC and make it defauklt you'll get the same lol (joking here but not totally ...

Edited by Zo

2 hours ago, RSMcGuitar said:

This is a fairly strange claim. I mean isn't this just a controller? How can a controller sound amazing?

This is the same as the Console 1, which utilizes it's own set of plugins that integrate with
the controller.  This one just adds multiple faders...but the DSP for the plugins is built into
the unit.  THAT is how it can "sound good"....think UAD

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Does this only let you use Softube plugins?

Edith: so, does this work with Logic Pro and my (FabFilter, Slate and Zynaptiq) plugs?

I'm not sure Fleer...I would believe that the Console 1 plugins would
come in all flavors, so it should work....but you'll only get the benefit
of the DSP integration with the Console 1 plugins (I believe)!

• Thanks 1

Thanks Lars. 
Found some more info:

These DAWs support synchronized track selection, solo/mute, DAW send, pan and volume:

Presonus Studio One 3.3 (VST3)

Sonar (latest version) (VST3)

Cockos REAPER 5.50 (VST3)

Cubase 9.5.10 (VST3)

These DAWs support automatic transfer of the DAW’s track name and number to Console 1:

Presonus Studio One 2.6 (VST3)

Sonar (VST3)

Cubase 8.0.5 (VST3)

Nuendo 6.5 (VST3)

Logic Pro 10.2 (AU)

Ableton Live 8.4.1 (AU only, requires that all track names begin with a “# “, note the blank space)

Digital Performer (AU only)

Cockos REAPER 5.50 (VST3)

These DAWs support automatic transfer of the DAW’s track name (but not number) to Console 1:

Pro Tools 11.2.1 (AAX)

Console 1 is not available for AAX DSP.

The Console 1 plug-in supports the following sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz.
Console 1 Fader is not available for AAX DSP.

• Like 1

He make me LOL saying about why 10 not 8, he was able to see how students instantly get better workflow... Well how about 12 instead of 10?  Not even better workflow? Or maybe 14?  Maybe with 8 faders price would be lower and 2x8 is 16 what is even more than 10 and so on...

It seems to be cool product but I would appreciate more this introduction if explanation for some design decision would be truthful and serious...

In fact together with console 1 in one shared case it looks really cool and useful.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Piotr said:

He make me LOL saying about why 10 not 8, he was able to see how students instantly get better workflow... Well how about 12 instead of 10?  Not even better workflow? Or maybe 14?  Maybe with 8 faders price would be lower and 2x8 is 16 what is even more than 10 and so on...

It seems to be cool product but I would appreciate more this introduction if explanation for some design decision would be truthful and serious...

In fact together with console 1 in one shared case it looks really cool and useful.

the 10 arguments seems legit my problem is that since it hasn't a screen  at least a separtion between the 5th and the 6th faders is curcial for fast sync with screen !!!like the VS 700 C 

cakewalk-vs-700c-1873800.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Zo said:

the 10 arguments seems legit my problem is that since it hasn't a screen  at least a separtion between the 5th and the 6th faders is curcial for fast sync with screen !!!like the VS 700 C 

I meant it is quite obvious the more faders the less switching between groups so better workflow.  I believe true main reason for this decision was what little hidden in further part of his explanation. 10 is just half of amount of buttons for track selection on console 1 so  no weirdness when trying to stack more devices.

1 hour ago, Zo said:

Piotr, i think it's easier for getting the right fader fast , i want to tweak fader 13 , it's easier to understand 2 banks 3 rd one than second banck 5 th one  , you know what i mean ....

Yep, you are right about it. We are using decimal system in normal life.