[SOLVED] Still not receiving email notifications

gmp

On 1/17/2019 at 5:15 PM, Leadfoot said:

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. It seems kinda random for me.

That's weird in itself. I've never gotten 1 email from anything to do with CbB. No notifications, nothing. I hope they fix this

• 3 months later...

Email notifications seem to be working fine for me.

I definitely get email notifications for PM's. 

For particular posts however, you have to be following the post to be notified by email. Depending on what your settings are, this either means clicking the "Follow" link up at the top right of the topic, or having automatic following set up.

You also have to ensure you've set the appropriate options up in your account's notification settings:

image.png.8d75f9ca931548e0bf765065a1591fc3.png

• Like 1

On 5/22/2019 at 10:56 AM, msmcleod said:

For particular posts however, you have to be following the post to be notified by email. Depending on what your settings are, this either means clicking the "Follow" link up at the top right of the topic, or having automatic following set up.

You also have to ensure you've set the appropriate options up in your account's notification settings:

can't can read the text on yr screenshot on a different screen

Edited by pwalpwal

20 hours ago, msmcleod said:

I've looked at my settings several times and they've always been set right. I just made a change in my settings and hit save and then changed it back and hit save again. Let's see if that fixes it.. Is your email address a common one like Gmail? Mine is my own domain email gp@gprecordingstudio.com 

Also I wonder if the way you receive email is a factor even as implausible as that sounds. I virtually never get my email from my email web server, instead I download all the emails as POP3 to EM Client on my computer, so  have a record of all emails on my HD. I never use IMAP. I also make sure I get all my emails. Anything my server thinks is spam it still sends to me but adds the word SPAM in the subject

Have you always received email notifications from CbB or has this only started recently? I think you're one of the few that receives emails.

It's heartening to see at least email notifications for some are working. I just went to my account settings and changed my email to my Gmail email to see if that fixes it. If it does I may switch back to my main email and see if simply changing it makes it work or whether the system just likes typical emails like Gmail. I'll definitely post back here on the results. This may enable others to fix this if I'm successful 

FWIW, in my spare time I run a CMS business, and email is by far my biggest headache.

The free email providers such as gmail and yahoo are constantly rejecting emails at the server level before they even get as far as the recipients' spam folder. Some ISP provided email addresses are the worst offenders. I even started a gmail account specifically for gmail recipients, which worked for about a month before I got reports that emails weren't getting through.

Worse still, is the fact that contacting them leads to a dead end or just being fobbed off by them saying it must be a problem my end.

It isn't a problem my end. It's their servers that are actively rejecting the emails.

I suspect a similar thing is happening with the Cakewalk emails. I doubt if it's Cakewalk's fault.

• Jesse Jost changed the title to [SOLVED] Still not receiving email notifications