AirMusic Tech Xpand!2

Jim Fogle

1 hour ago, Jim Fogle said:

I just wish Xpand!2 included a standalone program.  As a VST I find I'm having to learn using a VSTi in the DAW as well as the VSTi itself.  It's been a interesting experience.

Just use the free SaviHost and you will have a mini-host for standalone use of any VSTi .dll plug-in. Select your MIDI input device, and your audio output device (ASIO compatible) the first time, and then you're up and running! I have it working with Xpand!2 and  I have saved a number of copies to use with many of my other VSTi plugins. Light and fast!

I downloaded the savihostx64.zip file (VST2, including keyboard). It unzips to "SaviHost.exe". Seems to work with all of the VST2 plugins I have tried.

https://www.hermannseib.com/english/savihost.htm

SAVIHost is a little derivate of VSTHost that has been crafted for the sole purpose of automatically loading exactly one VSTi. To do so, savihost.exe has to be copied or renamed to the name of the PlugIn's DLL. If, for example, the PlugIn is called blabla.dll, savihost.exe has to be renamed to blabla.exe.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 2

4 hours ago, msmcleod said:

If you need to host more than one soft synth in a live situation, take a look at Cantable: https://www.cantabilesoftware.com/

AFAIK they still do a lite version that is free.

Yes, they do, and I have it.  🙂  It's very good.  Perfect if you just want to load something up in a hurry and don't want to start your DAW. 

On 10/18/2019 at 8:55 PM, Fleer said:

If anyone’s interested, still have a AIEP3 Select serial with:
DB-33, Mini Grand, Hybrid 3 , Loom, Strike 2, Structure 2, Transfuser 2, Velvet 2, Vacuum Pro & Fresh AIR Pack, theRiser & Flux Transitions

An honest offer gets them!

This is an excellent package......

On 10/19/2019 at 3:09 AM, Starship Krupa said:

For anyone interested, I can say that DB-33 is the Hammond B3 emulation I settled on after much testing, Hybrid 3 is a great synth for electronic dance/ambient sounds, and Vacuum Pro is my go-to for more traditional subtractive basses and pads. The rest I haven't tried.

None of them has ever crashed or exhibited any bug on my setup.

When I first got back into recording, I tried out a million of everything with the idea that I would pare it down to a smaller collection I could focus on, and all of the AIR stuff has made the cut.

The big complaint I've seen from the AIR user community is that development seems to have halted, but in my view, these are musical instruments. They already sound great and I could choose either of the synths and spend a month just learning how to program it. It would be nice if the GUI's scaled.

Of course I have to ask, Fleer, why are you dumping your AIEP3 bundle?

Yes DB33 is a superb Hammond emulation and I use it multiple times in my tracks.... Hybrid is my go to synth most of the times and it's actually pretty good for learner's too..... Velvet 2 is a humongous electric piano suite and honestly, you can spend months just tweaking the various sounds therein.... And the AIR effects are cool too..... Very low on CPU and decent sounds

• Like 1