SI Suite/Jamstix 4

Gary Shore

Question

New to using CbBL but since I've been watching many tutorials and done a lot of studying of both the Documentation and Reference Guide,I've been able to develop a good sense of how to do things and have been working with projects already;however there a couple of things I wanted to get some community feedback about-

I recently installed the SI Suite,however they are not showing up in the Browser under the Instruments icon but rather as part of the FX plugins in the Overloud dropdown-

I had been studying a tutorial that showed how to set up an SI option (i.e Drums) by drag/dropping it to empty area where it creates both audio/MIDI tracks and was able to do this w/the one Instrument that does show up in the Instruments dropdown in the Browser,the TTS-1,however this is the only one there...

I was able to drag/drop the SI Drums onto an existing track in the FX bin,saw it come up and that it's active as I saw the levels move when I hit one of the drum pads but  there was no sound as the above methodology for this wasn't used...

I received some info about things relating to various folders/files where things are stored and looking into setting things up using the Cakewalk Plug-In Manager on one of the Facebook forums but wanted to check here as well to get a clear picture of exactly what to do before messing around with things I'm only somewhat familiar with...

Along the same lines I had been studying an older(2010)series of Cakewalk TV tutorials about Session Drummer 3,seeing what it could do I investigated various drum plugins and found out about Jamstix 4,installed it but not sure about how to get it to actually work in CbBL,where it would go,etcetc...

Appreciate any info about this stuff,especially from anyone using Jamstix 4 in the DAW..

1 answer to this question

This is pure theoretical because i couldn't get it to work but i read a manual about Jamstix.

Jamstix follow your timeline/tracks. It's a vst instrument. It should open 4 or more tracks for its output.

One would probably start by recording a song with a softsynth/instrument on one or more tracks.

Next select a basic style in JS then play them together. JS should adjust itself to your songs tempo.

Next make changes to JS  song sheet. You add,edit or change parts to your liking.

When there is drums for the whole song you can also choose to drag the drums, as midi, over to a track. You do that by clicking on the song name, not the part, and drag it over to a miditrack.