Online - a new original duet with Mrs Daryl1968

daryl1968

Great song! I was a bit nostalgic hearing Mrs Daryl for the first time in a long while. Nice and clever chord progression in the pre chorus, like it a lot.  A well crafted mix and blend of sounds. A violin solo could have been suitable in this one... cafe violinist at the  first date? ;)

• Thanks 1

On 10/18/2019 at 4:41 PM, Ramesh Kavassery said:

Cool Catchy song Daryl with a nice rhythm. Well sung by you and the Mrs.

Thank you very much Ramesh

On 10/18/2019 at 9:36 PM, Douglas Kirby said:

Clever lyrics - I really enjoyed them.  The mix is top-notch - sounds a bit 80's to me, which is cool - a bit of a Human League vibe to it, because you have the female singer.

Thanks Doug - I used to love the Human League :)

On 10/20/2019 at 7:18 PM, freddy j said:

Great lyrics and really a great music/arrangement complement the lyrics wonderfully.  The performances by the Mrs. and you are absoflippinlutely an aural treat in listening.  This song has your signature and it is always a pleasure to hear your song.  Keep 'em coming.

Thanks so much Freddy. I passed it on to the Mrs - she says thanks too. 

On 10/20/2019 at 9:14 PM, emeraldsoul said:

Yep that's a total winner. Lyrics are a home run and very well served by the wonderful arrangement. Both vocals are a treat to listen to!

I think more people should hear this one.

cheers,

-Tom

Thanks so much Tom. 

Hi Daryl,

I told you about your « abs » on SoundCloud.,,😂

I like the tune and it is a picture of a part of some  nowadays worries of certain people.

( by the way I am somewhat proud having almost just this forum as a social network... Yes , I am a man from the past century ...)

As in every shot, production and realisation are «  In the standards »!!! (Maybe of musical industry?....)

A pleasure to hear mrs singing along ...

Agree it could fit with a sitcom . 

cheers.

Olivier

Edited by vilovilo
  • Like 1

On 10/21/2019 at 6:24 PM, David Sprouse said:

sounds good.  Jocose.  You two must make the church choir fun.....

Ha. Thanks David

On 10/22/2019 at 10:59 AM, kennywtelejazz said:

Wow that song  was fantastic on so many levels .

Super clever lyrics that mock today's online dating practices due to the social media  influence .

I Loved the synths , they sound so grounded and Retro Modular ...

You and your wife's singing and vocals drew me in closer as the song went on because I wanted to hear more about the shedding of the multi layers of lies and  half truths people use all the time online to capture and ensnare   ...

Daryl , you and your wife are indeed a rare talent  . I'm glad I have gotten the opportunity to have listened to some of your music .

Kenny

Kenny - you're very kind mate. I really appreciate it

On 10/22/2019 at 6:37 PM, Starise said:

Great subject matter. If only we could be our online selves.....As I have come to expect from you  this is yet another pristine mix. Tell me if I'm wrong about your mixes ( I probably am) It sounds as if you are making some deep cuts in EQ to get such clarity in the mix. I feel as if I'm in a huge room with only a few items in it when I listen to a mix you've made. I have often almost envied you for that :P.

I like this approach and it works very well with you and the missus here.

Thanks for the very kind words Tim. 

On 10/23/2019 at 1:40 PM, SPAK said:

I know I commented on SC but I just wanted to say after a lot of listens to this I think overall it's a brilliant bit of wordsmithing and mixing ... send it to the BBC they might have a sitcom that needs this for a intro roll ...  10 out'a 10 from me though ( for wot it's worth )😉 👌

Steve

Very kind Steve. I may do that. 

On 10/23/2019 at 10:25 PM, Leizer said:

Great song! I was a bit nostalgic hearing Mrs Daryl for the first time in a long while. Nice and clever chord progression in the pre chorus, like it a lot.  A well crafted mix and blend of sounds. A violin solo could have been suitable in this one... cafe violinist at the  first date? ;)

Thanks Lasse - I agree on the violin

On 10/25/2019 at 12:28 PM, paulo said:

Another clever lyric and again the chosen musical style suits it well.....

Now, where did I put my Casiotone......?

Ha - thanks @paulo.  Yes - 100% Casiotone was what I was going for. 

I loved mine and wish I hadn't sold it back in the day

On 10/25/2019 at 11:39 PM, garybrun said:

I really liked this one.
great lyrics... very appropriate for today

Thanks so much Gary - Patty's lyrics were spot on, I agree

On 10/26/2019 at 9:58 PM, vilovilo said:

Hi Daryl,

I told you about your « abs » on SoundCloud.,,😂

I like the tune and it is a picture of a part of some  nowadays worries of certain people.

( by the way I am somewhat proud having almost just this forum as a social network... Yes , I am a man from the past century ...)

As in every shot, production and realisation are «  In the standards »!!! (Maybe of musical industry?....)

A pleasure to hear mrs singing along ...

Agree it could fit with a sitcom . 

cheers.

Olivier

Merci beaucoup Olivier. You are very kind mon ami

Been a little restricted over the last couple of weeks following some surgery on my right fore paw so I have not had a real chance to listen to much, just using a mouse hurt.

This has the Staypress sound and mix quality nice easy tune, thanks for sharing. 🙂

• Like 1

On 11/5/2019 at 3:42 PM, Wookiee said:

Been a little restricted over the last couple of weeks following some surgery on my right fore paw so I have not had a real chance to listen to much, just using a mouse hurt.

This has the Staypress sound and mix quality nice easy tune, thanks for sharing. 🙂

Thanks so much Wookster.

Don't start licking that paw or we'll have to put a lampshade on you

• Haha 1

Hey, Daryl,

How are you, my friend?  Hope you're doing well!😀

You and the current Mrs. D did a super job on this tasty Brit Pop Rocker!👍

As always from you two, excellent playing and production work, and perfect pop rock vocals and harmonies.  Patty also did a nice job with the well-written, clever call and response type lyrics.

The mix is clear, wide, fresh sounding, and definitely radio-ready!

Outstanding work, Daryl. it's always great to hear a new Staypress song post!😀

Have a good one!
Bob

• Thanks 1