MusicRadar Poll For Best DAW

Jeremy Jensen

The best DAW is/are the one(s) you're using at the moment. Unless someone voting has tried ALL the DAWs in the list and done a major compare and contrast, any results are ill-informed at best.

What's more, it all depends on what you want the DAW to do. Some DAWs are better for mixing. Some for songwriting. Some for loops. Etc. etc. etc. I think most popularity contests are about clicks to improve SEO for the site sponsoring the "poll." Sorry to sound like I'm in a "kids get off my lawn" mode, but polls like this are meaningless.

That said - go ahead and vote for Cakewalk!!! It deserves credit for making it through some very trying times. Personally, I'm not happy about being kicked to the curb, but that's in the past...and for me, doesn't detract from the program, Noel's dedication,  Meng's foresight, or the wonderful community that has coalesced around it.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Craig Anderton said:

The best DAW is/are the one(s) you're using at the moment. Unless someone voting has tried ALL the DAWs in the list and done a major compare and contrast, any results are ill-informed at best.

What's more, it all depends on what you want the DAW to do. Some DAWs are better for mixing. Some for songwriting. Some for loops. Etc. etc. etc. I think most popularity contests are about clicks to improve SEO for the site sponsoring the "poll." Sorry to sound like I'm in a "kids get off my lawn" mode, but polls like this are meaningless.

That said - go ahead and vote for Cakewalk!!! It deserves credit for making it through some very trying times. Personally, I'm not happy about being kicked to the curb, but that's in the past...and for me, doesn't detract from the program, Noel's dedication,  Meng's foresight, or the wonderful community that has coalesced around it.

Yeah, I definitely don't think this is anything other than a popularity contest, but I figured Cakewalk's popularity could be underestimated if the user base didn't know about this poll. So, yeah, I agree with you.

• Like 1

Could be a good opportunity to turn people onto trying cakewalk and letting them know it's alive and well, if they didn't know already. I was on the fence about upgrading from a very old cubase until i found out about cakewalk being free now... so i figured "why not" and tried it out. Needless to say i didn't need to buy cubase haha.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1