Going from X1 studio

Harryscopic

Question

I have Sonar X1 studio (64bit) installed, and the Service Center, with instruments from IK Multimedia, Native Instruments, Garritan, etc. in windows 10. There's a lot of talk about the Platinum version but I didn't find about the older ones.

Should I just install the latest Cakewalk and go on? Or should I uninstall everything first and clean install after?

I don't want to end up with a messy installation and duplicate files and directories.

Thanks

Edited by Harryscopic

5 answers to this question

You should just install the latest Cakewalk by BandLab.
Do not uninstall your sonar X1 studio and installed plugins (handle alike sonar platinum) to use plugins came with old sonar on Cakewalk by BandLab. If I remember correctly, Cakewalk by BandLab installer can take over most settings of old sonar while installing. and some sonar shared folder will be overwrote.

• Like 2

SONAR used the same default path for VST plug-ins. Of course SONAR had two different default paths, one for 32bit installs and the one CbB uses for 64bit installs.

That said, V-Vocal is DX format. If it is installed, it does not show up in the plug-in lists though; it is a Region FX.

The last version of SONAR Producer including V-Vocal was X2. V-Vocal is part of the core SONAR install and requires at least a minimal installation to get the plug-in. To run a minimal installation, select the advanced option then select the minimal installation option from the drop down. Here is what the advanced pick list look like in X2

Xtyprss.gif