Input in one midi track, output in another?

Hard to tell without being able to see the inputs of the synth audio parts of the Instrument tracks. My first guess would be that an instrument track was cloned which creates linked tracks associated with the same synth . Split the instrument tracks, show the I/O widgets, and let us see that along with the synth rack if you can't see the problem immediately.

EDIT: Actually, a quick double-check shows that issue with duplicating instrment tracks was fixed some timte ago as I thought it might have been. Nevertheless, you'll need to check the routing, and let us know how what steps were used to create the tracks.

Edited by David Baay

If  Kontakt6  counts  as the same synt it is possible. The track is not cloned but created from scratch by choosing  kontakt   as an instrument and the dragged to make a midi track.  When I've done that I choose  the instrument inside Kontakt. 

If I make a new track  and the delete the old one the problem i s solved for a while. But as I have many instances om Kontakt in this particualr project it is a nusance as  the problem  reappear randomly.

Edited by christian.landstrom

You may be having an issue with Always Echo Current MIDI Track , using "All Inputs Omni" as the track input and plug-ins set to "Enable MIDI Output."

All three of these are the default settings although not all plug-ins are capable of sending MIDI data. When used together, any plug-in sending MIDI data may get picked up along with the track data by the track that has focus. This is because a track with input echo enabled must have an input other than None. So, when the track gets focus, the input is changed from None to Omni as long has the track has focus. If the track has an input assignment other than None, the track track input is unchanged.

To avoid this do not use "Always Echo Current MIDI Track" and turn off enable MIDI output unless the output is used in the project. "Enable MIDI Output" is found in the VST2/3 drop down above the plug-in UI.

M9I2IRu.png

This might be the cause of an issue I have been having when a midi channel is sending notes to a synth that I haven't set as an output from that channel as well as to the one I have set. Doesn't happen all the time though and I haven't yet been able to determine the specific conditions when it does happen