Forgot Password / Cakewalk PW Reset Does Nothing

Jonathan Wright

Question

I own Sonar. I recently bought a new computer. I don't have my password for Cakewalk Command Center so I cannot install Sonar on my new machine.

When I use the Cakewalk site, I go to the "Forgot Password" page and send a password reset. It doesn't complain my email is incorrect and says a reset email was sent. No email arrives. I know this is the correct email, as I still have my purchase receipt and initial validation email at that email address. Also, when I try another email address it complains it is an unknown user, but not with this one.

The email is not in my spam box or junk email. I can send other emails to this account fine.

On the Cakewalk site, if you click all the way through Email Support it ends up at an "Under Construction" page. The original Cakewalk forums are down, eventually found this, then had to sign up for BandLab just to post this.

This is really, really poor and I'm frustrated, considering I cannot use a product I have paid hundreds of dollars for.

How do I recover my password? 

Help.

3 answers to this question

On 10/14/2019 at 7:32 PM, Jonathan Wright said:

This is really, really poor and I'm frustrated, considering I cannot use a product I have paid hundreds of dollars for.

Your frustration is unfortunate, but the company you bought the program from went out of business a year ago. There is good news, though.

BandLab bought some of their assets and as a courtesy are providing support for SONAR owners in the form of license retrieval.

They have also continued to develop the code for SONAR into a superior program called Cakewalk by BandLab, which you can and should download for free now that you have a BandLab account. It will use all of the extra plug-ins that came with SONAR Platinum and not interfere with your installation of SONAR. It has a lot of features that SONAR didn't and runs better.

It is not "really, really poor," you and other SONAR licensees are really, really lucky that BandLab are doing what they are doing. Without them your license would be useless and there would be no more development of the program.

Get Cakewalk and don't worry about SONAR. You'll be psyched at what they've done with it.