Waves Mono/Stereo Plugins in Mono Only

David Terry

Hey folks, so if this is a forum faux pas, I apologize.  I replied to an old post (linked below) on this subject late Friday, but not sure if anyone waded through the 30 other responses to get to my question.  Just as the subject says, all of my Waves plugins that have "mono/stereo" options only playback in mono regardless of Cakewalk Interleave settings, regardless of plugin settings (as in forcing stereo in plugin properties, etc).  All three Waves PRS Supermodels Amp Sims being the specific plugins giving me this issue.  They offer "mono" and "mono/stereo" versions of the plugins, but no "stereo" versions.  In a nutshell, I am just wondering if a solution has been found since these issues were brought up several months ago.  The linked conversation has many suggestions, but none of them seem to work, and the consensus seems to have been that it is a Cakewalk issue and not a Waves issue.

Edited by David Terry
Linked incorrect thread

• 2 years later...

I've had this same problem for years. The 'mono/stereo' plugins USED to work in either form, but they've been strictly mono for many, many years now. Which is frustrating because if you want to run, say a PRS guitar amp sim into the CLA Guitars Stereo plugin, the CLA only sees a left channel coming out of the PRS amp. Very frustrating. I've wanted a fix for this for the better part of a decade now. Never found one.

So this is basically a late response with no solution.  But at least someone else feels your pain.