problem with installing kontact 6

eric chevrier

Kontakt 5 can happily be installed along with Kontakt 6. 

Can you please list your operating system version and build?

Also, is it up to date with any Windows maintenance?

Lastly, please detail what exactly is happening during the installation, because without that information, it is pretty much impossible to help you get things working correctly.  Native Instruments installation management software - Native Access, should be used to do the installation, and if there is any error message popping up, please detail what it says.

Bob Bone

Hi,

In fact when you install native products along installation it creates for each products a file in C:\ProgramData  (see the capture I've done, here Kontakt 6 and factory Library update) if any of this file is deleted, you'll have the message you have shown… If you have use a programm like tuneup or any other of this kind  this might happen. The solution is to clean everything from native to your computer specially in the win register. Do not forget to do a copy of this file after install kontakt. 

Hope you understand my poor English.

Capture1.PNG.eae89f0896628dcdb9a8603b61f57246.PNGCapture2.PNG.1e8a80f79a7a71ec4ea7e3cd8cff57b9.PNG

On 10/14/2019 at 4:20 PM, eric chevrier said:

hi bob I tried everthing I can think of un install old service center no luck same message thanks eric

1) The old Service Center app will not work for anything now under the control of Native Access.

2) I again ask, what Operating System version and build are you running on this computer?

3) If you have not yet done so, I encourage you to review the other post that included a link to a thread in the Native Instruments forums.  Perhaps something there would help you resolve your issues.

4) If you have not manually uninstalled Native Access, through the Windows Control Panel, you might consider doing that (launch Control Panel, then under Programs you will see a link to Uninstall a Program, click on it, and Windows will display a list of programs - scroll down as needed to find Native Instruments Native Access, highlight it, and then click on Uninstall up at the top of the page, and go through whatever options are displayed for removing Native Access.  Then, download and install it again, from the Native Instruments site.  Please note that you should review the Native Access settings, to make sure they match where you want content installed, etc.

All kinds of folks run Native Access every day, with no issues, so whatever is happening, it is most likely local to your computer's environment.  You might consider temporarily disabling your antivirus software, only during the download and install of the newest Native Access from the NI web site.  (or, exclude the Native-Instruments web site from the antivirus software, which would leave it running, but it would then not scan your activity from that site).  Also, if you happen to have any kind of automatic Registry cleaner software, you might want to look into whether or not that is interfering with the normal operation/install of Native Access.

Bob Bone