UVI Workstation won't work in Cakewalk

Ellsworth Hall

7 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

UVI has a nice portal app now to manage updating all your software and libraries.  It's pretty nice.

https://www.uvi.net/uvi-portal

Yes.
UVI Support...

We have just released UVI Workstation 3.0.6, now available in UVI Portal. Can you please try this updated version and let us know if this solves your issue?

I test it Drum Designer and all is good now... :) I'll try the other libraries later.

Yes, I can also confirm that page navigation seems to work in UVI Workstation 3.0.6 using CbB as host. I have tested both Keysuite Acoustic and Keysuite Electric, non of which worked with CbB using 3.0.5 but do seem to work using 3.0.6.

I actually downloaded UVI Workstation 3.0.6 yesterday, but as there weren't any mention of a Cakewalk GUI fix in the changelog, I didn't even bother to test it. I can't understand why UVI keep that as a well hidden secret.

This update also resolved an issue I was having in the standalone as well. With 3.05, UVI Workstation would only allow the selection of the lowest buffer size for the ASIO devices.  For instance, with the Focusrite 2i2, I was only presented with the option to choose 8 samples. This caused the CPU to max out after only a few notes pressed.  I contacted UVI support but they really didn't provide a solution at the time.  I was actually ok with that as I was able to use it normally in Cakewalk by Bandlab.  I only ever used Standalone to audition sounds anyway.  The ticket ended up being closed by mutual agreement.

I suspect UVI revisited this issue because it was resolved with version 3.06.  I can now choose my required buffer size.

• Like 1