I'm still using Producer 8.5....

Dreamer

On 1/17/2019 at 12:08 AM, aether.roots said:

Hi Dreamer,

Welcome to the forum.  I also advocate for making the jump to the new Cakewalk.   In addition to fixing past issues (as mentioned by arlen2133),  the new platform and supported OS are going to be the starting point for future improvements, accessories. 

Another reason - yes, it's free - but. besides that, there are tons of opportunity to exercise your creativity. 

Hi, I just noticed your post and was wondering if by installing CWblBL, will it mess up my old Sonar 8.5 ? I am wanting to try it out but not if I lose my existing sonar 8.5, as I have many saved projects. Can you confirm that both versions can co exist with no issues?

On 1/17/2019 at 6:13 PM, pwalpwal said:

the biggest difference with 8.5 is the UI... but you can install it alongside 8.5 while you get used to  it...

Hi, I just noticed your post and was wondering if by installing CWblBL, will it mess up my old Sonar 8.5 ? I am wanting to try it out but not if I lose my existing sonar 8.5, as I have many saved projects. Can you confirm that both versions can co exist with no issues?

You only need to ask the question one time.

CbB installs as an upgrade to SONAR.

The "Program Folder", "Cakewalk Content", ProgramData and user folders are version specific (IOW, all SONAR versions and CbB have their own folders).

The "Shared" folders such as "Shared Plug-ins" and "Shared Utilities" are upgraded to the latest versions. These are backward compatible. These folders include the 64bit DX plug-ins, plug-in manager and vst scanner.

Once CbB is install, all versions of SONAR and CbB are available on the PC.

• Like 1