$1,000,000 The World's Greatest Audio Systems

Wibbles

This is one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time - I'm assuming it must be a satire. ;)

I was particular impressed by the ice hockey pucks mounted on sticks  made by Shun Mook that set up a "sonic room boundary". 

The Shun Mook product page makes for some particularly hilarious reading:

Apparently it works because " ... there are so many things that science still do not know and cannot explain."

It goes on to explain "With Shun Mook we channel away the bad sounding resonance energy because it cannot be destroyed.  Just as you cannot stop a flood with a wall you have to dig a cannel to divert it.   In this case we use our diamond tipped resonators.   The diamond crystal being the hardest material on Earth can release the vibration instantly while the ebony wood body acts like a reservoir for the musical energy to excite the resonance energy in its body. Hence this musical energy is feed back into the system while the diamond acts like a mechanical diode – pass the unwanted vibration out one way."

You can pick up a Shun Mook Ebony Dowsing Pendulum for $300 (or get the High Energy version for an extra $20). What this is for is anyone's guess. Perhaps you use them to find the best path to lay your $2000 per foot speaker cables to avoid any spots particularly affected by quantum distortions caused by intersecting ley lines.

They've got patents on some of this stuff. Can you really get a patent for snake oil in the US?

Edited by Wibbles
  • Haha 1