Can't install Waves V10

Ahsan Zaman

Hi everyone.  I already have Waves v10 installed on my computer but everytime Sonar does a scan I get error statements.  Also I have bought a new waves plugin that I cannot install either.  I have latest waves central.  I have followed their troubleshooting instructions such as deleting the cache but nothing helps.  Can anyone help me?

I had problems with the synth "Codex". First it worked. Then it disappeared. Then there where errors with the scan at startup.

I took note of what the error message was and moved that particular shell out of that folder to a temp folder in my documents folder. It was a test and i could move it back if it wouldn't work. But it worked and i hadn't errors any longer.

I now had a synth that didn't showed up and another synth "Flow Motion" that bogged down project starts. For every instance of the synth in the project it would add approx 7 seconds to the start of the project. Three FM's in the project made me wait 21 seconds to have the project loaded.

I have a bunch of other stuff from Waves but it was only the synths that caused me problems so i did a cleanup.

I moved the two synths to an USB with installer and license.

I moved the rest of the licenses to the cloud.

Uninstalled all waves plugins and then checked folders to delete everything that wasn't associated with the controlcenter.

Reinstalled all plugins, not the synths, and moved the licenses back to my pc.

Now it's a smooth ride again. 👍