How do I get Kontakt to work with Cakewalk?

Jacob R Jones

Question

I've been trying everything to get Kontakt to work for even a second with Cakewalk. Currently it loads up in my VSTs, I can select the plugin that I want from Kontakt, and load it up and even play it a bit. Sometimes it uses too many voices and it will clip and dropout, but if it is a simple lead line or just a single note I can record a whole part. But once the part is recorded and I try to play it back, it plays everything else and the lead is either distorted or absent. 

I have a pretty powerful Dell desktop with 6 cores, and plenty of RAM to run it, but I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this anymore. Any ideas?

1 answer to this question

Have you checked with Native-Instruments to see if you have the latest version?  Run Native Access and that will show you if they came out with another update.   What happens when you run Kontakt by itself?  Is it glitch free?  I had problems with the original Kontakt when it was released.  So I checked that and they had a higher program and put that on there with no installation problems.    Also maybe you can try the other settings rather than simple instrument track.  I had an issue not being able to run Pentegon for years, Until one day for kicks I tried it on one of the other settings.  It worked.  Now for some crazy reason it will work under simple instrument track giving no problems.  Why? I don't know?  The other issue about Kontakt is it likes extra sounds to be put in deliberate places and so if you just stick them in documents they don't always work.  For example I can't get the modern 60's drummer to work with the native-instruments patches, but it works fine with the Groove Monkee so with those I have enough, so I haven't really tried to fix it.  If it isn't broken don't try to fix it to make it more broken.   Also have you tried it with Studio Drummer and the difference between the normal kits and light kits?