I can't add Kontakt 6

If you are not seeing it in the Browser Pane, in the list by categories, perhaps it is hiding in a different category, such as the Uncategorized category.  I normally go through the Uncategorized category after installing plugins, and assign each plugin to an appropriate one - like for Kontakt, I switched it to Sampler, for instance.

If not there, then perhaps it got excluded by the Cakewalk Plugin Manager, for some reason.

Bob Bone

It will be there somewhere, lurking. If you install Kontakt, it's almost impossible for your DAW not to see it.

Unless you've installed it to a secluded location that is not on your current VST plugin list in Cakewalk.

Edited by Tezza

On 10/21/2019 at 11:58 AM, Stephen Simmons said:

This isn't exactly on topic but is Komplete start again and kontakt player virtually the same thing? Or do you need one or the other or both?

WSS

Komplete Start gives you the latest players, Komplete Kontrol, and some additional free Kontent.

Edited by abacab
  • Thanks 1

I don't know if this helps at all but I just downloaded and installed Komplete Start Suite.

I had to go into plugins manager and add the Native Instruments program files VST folders to the VST search path but they do come up and Cakewalk. It only says Kontakt. Not Kontakt 5 or 6. So I'm guessing it has to be the most current version regardless of the moniker.

WSS

Edited by Stephen Simmons

6 hours ago, Stephen Simmons said:

I don't know if this helps at all but I just downloaded and installed Komplete Start Suite.

I had to go into plugins manager and add the Native Instruments program files VST folders to the VST search path but they do come up and Cakewalk. It only says Kontakt. Not Kontakt 5 or 6. So I'm guessing it has to be the most current version regardless of the moniker.

WSS

The Kontakt 6 plugin is only identified as "Kontakt".