New pc build

JohnSorcer

Hi guys,

I am building new pc for music making and video editing. I am a beginner in all this and my budget is around 1400euros. 

I would like to record electric guitar and make basic rock songs and also short videos for Youtube, nothing fancy. Can you please recomend me should I go with Amd or Intel, or it doesn't really matter considering my budget? This is my main concern at the start. 

Thanks!

I go with Intel myself, mostly because it's what I know.

You can put together a killer system for that amount of money. My system (see specs in sig) can do the tasks you mention without getting anywhere near breaking a sweat, and it's years and processor generations older than what you're going to get today.

Heck, I could put together a good system for half of your budget!

Do you have an audio interface? If not, that's really the critical component and the first one to decide on.

• Like 3

On 2/27/2024 at 5:32 AM, Starship Krupa said:

I go with Intel myself, mostly because it's what I know.

You can put together a killer system for that amount of money. My system (see specs in sig) can do the tasks you mention without getting anywhere near breaking a sweat, and it's years and processor generations older than what you're going to get today.

Heck, I could put together a good system for half of your budget!

Do you have an audio interface? If not, that's really the critical component and the first one to decide on.

Hi, no, I don't have an interface yet, was planning to start with something like Motu, Focusrite 2i2 or Audient, entry level stuff since I am a beginner. I would like low latency and direct monitoring, but I can't decide yet because I can't try them since I don't have a pc.