Issues with Bandlab Assistant ?

Greg Wynn

Hey folks - anyone having issues ?  I cranked up Bandlab Assistant as I read there was a new update (and confirmed when my DAW told me the same thing) and I can’t logon ??  I did the old “forgot my password” to reset it, got the email and then changed the password but STILL can’t log in via the assistant.

Downloaded and reinstalled the app and still no joy.

any ideas ?  I’ve been using the same password that I’ve used pretty much going back to the legacy forum.

Can't offer you an answer, but BA is nearly always flaky for me (win 7 and 8 ) Whenever it wants to be updated I usually end up having to download the latest version manually and install it as the update hardly ever works. Often when I open it I get a blank white window and it just sits there like that for various lengths of time. Lately there have been some other windows that also open over it that have to be closed before I can see it.

I know nothing about writing software, but for a company that can handle something as complex as Cakewalk it seems ridiculous that something as basic as BA is so problematic.

8 minutes ago, paulo said:

I know nothing about writing software, but for a company that can handle something as complex as Cakewalk it seems ridiculous that something as basic as BA is so problematic.

It may not be as basic as it seems. BA is managed and maintained by a different group in Singapore.

Can't offer any help to the OP except to suggest contacting support@bandlab.com

• 2 months later...

Recently uninstalled an earlier version of BA, since then I am not able to log into currently installed version, when attempting to log in I get a large blank screen. ( having looked at previous posts it would appear that I am not alone in this regard), if the devs are monitoring this forum I would recommend looking into it asap as this could affect future updates of the cakewalk DAW which relies on BA to verify the install.

Edited by Shaun O'Connor
typographical errors.

Had some trouble with the Assistant last week. I just don't see the advantage of using an app like this for updates. I think most of us are smart enough to locate and download a file from a web page then run the install.  I would suggest we message support and ask to be rid of this, or at least get an alternative method for those of us that can download a file. Hell, RME posts update files. Always have, works fine.

• Like 1

since my last post here regarding the issue with bandlab assistant( v 5.1.2.0), I have contacted support and at the moment  their answer is that there are several possible causes of the issue, and have asked for windows build info, any changes to anti virus software, last update and last attempted login, so it would appear that they are looking at possible software conflict issues, once I hear more I will post accordingly.

As an aside I note that, when looking in the apps and features  applet in windows settings ,2 versions of BLA show up as being installed( the  files for the older version cannot be found when an uninstall is attempted), I suspect it is possible that a complete clear out will be necessary( which will involve looking for and removing files from the APPDATA folder, followed by a clean install of all relevant software.

fasten your seat belts guys!! I have a feeling this is going to be one of those issues that will take a long time to resolve and it could potentially mean make or break for the continued functionality of cakewalk.

Sorry you're still having trouble. FWIW I did send support an email about getting rid of the Assistant. Or better yet just allow us to download an update file. Support responded  there was concern on their end that a downloaded update file could end up on a questionable website. Maybe the file could be infected or something. Good point I guess but I wouldn't download an update file from anywhere but the vendors website.     

Just a footnote: There are some solutions to getting Bandlab Assistant to work that various people found and reported. Unfortunately, they are scattered in different threads and different sub-forums. There is even one threat that uses "Assistent."  Also, I seem to recall one discussion in the "Deals" sub-forum. Not every solution works for everyone, but if all possible solutions were in one place (or if there were an index thread with links to possible solutions, people might not have to re-invent the wheel.

Recent ones that I had success with at different times: (1) killing all the 0% Bandlab processes that are in Task Manager (the ones that persist after using Bandlab and closing it), (2) downloading the update manually and after getting a failed up date, discovering it failed because there were hidden dialogs open. I mention these two because they are less intrusive than things like uninstalling, rebooting, etc. and I like paths of least resistance.

Note: Not saying the possible solutions should be deleted from existing threads and moved, rather that one thread with links to possible solutions in other threads might be helpful.

Edited by User 905133
(2) to add a caveat about not deleting/moving possible solutions; (2) to add a reference to a discussion in "Deals."

• 11 months later...

I got an email yesterday inviting me to join a Bandlab group. When I clicked on the link I was taken to the Bandlab App site where the sender of the email had a link to see her naked in the shower. I never click links like that.  I then checked the Bandlab Assistant App itself and discovered it was missing from my computer. I think someone hacked my Bandlab account. I found nothing on Bandlab's site  to report this. So sorry if this is the wrong thread for reporting this but I thought it needed to be brought to someone's attention.