Global FX latency monitor. Play/Record/Bypass selector

Misha

It would be very helpful to have a global FX latency meter/analyzer, which would have an option to disable/enable/bypass specific FX  globally (all instances) for specific task to reduce latency.  For example if I want a specific plugin to kick in only on playback... Or if I want the plugin to be present and set in the bin so it is ready for mixdown or audition, but so it does not affect audio engine latency (bypass) and more. Similar to "global" FX on/off button... but selective for particular plugins. I hope I am making sense. I do not know the depth of knowledge behind the processes, just a user opinion. Including  a primitive drawing in attachment of how I see it.

FX.jpg

• Like 4

this, this, this, and more this. 

There have been many times that I wish I could see which plugins were causing which amounts of latency.

My only feedback is that I don't really care about bars or color, I'd like the value in ms.

Edited by Josh Wolfer
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Like ProTools maybe - that look like pic below.

They have a module in console that looks like that - on every track and you see where your culprits are.

- It says how much latency is on that track

- it says how much this track is delayed in the total as running

- and a field to set you own added delay +/- to a track to modify how a track is handled.

Very neat and you are in full control.

Could be among console module to show or not.

pt-pdc.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Bumping this up, because I still have times where I play "find the plugin causing delay". And I used to think "np, I'll just enable PDC", but I found that if I do that, audio is misaligned after I turn it back off, so it's kind of a pain. 

Bakers, please consider. 

• 2 months later...