Cakewalk delete ALL MY AUDIOS with the Clean Audio Folder dialog

Guillermo Diaz

Question

This is really bad!! Im upset!!!! I work on proyects on Sonar and works perfectly in CbB, but when i go to clean out the audio folder (which is a normal procedure when you finish your work, to clean all the innecesary data) when i open the proyects again, THE AUDIO IS GONE!!!! IM REALLY ANGRY, this *****ed up ALL MY WORK!!! im sorry for this post so agressive but i cant describe righy now how im felling!! because i know this cannot be reversed!! PLEASE FIX THIS !!!!

3 answers to this question

I know your upset but you have to burden some of the blame on yourself. No software is perfect and nothing is fail safe.

Back to your problem, Audio is only removed from the current project. If your not using Per project folders, your risking losing a lot of work using the global audio folder or not using versioning.

Did you save all your audio files in one folder (The Global Audio folder) ? If you did and you had several incarnations of this project, Cakewalk surely doesn't realize what your intent is.

Until you fully digest this, I would suggest this instead...

- Use File>Save>New project

- Rename the project to something similar as you had

- If you have several versions of the same song "using the same Audio files", Save them all in the same manner.

Sorry about your loss of data, that's a tough one to swallow but it teaches us to be more careful in the future. Software doesn't really understand our motives, its up to us to teach it what we like, thus Learning the techniques which to use. Clean audio folder has been Rock solid here and they made some updates to it around a year ago (no longer waiting years for a search).

It literally lists every single file and asks you are you sure you want to delete these. I always look at these files closely, even after using it for 10+ years, I still check.

• Great Idea 2

Hello Guillermo, I know it feels terrible to lose our precious data. But here I think we have alternative option to recover audio files with the help third party free data recovery software like Stellar Data Recovery Free Edition, Recuva etc. You can recover your lost audio files on your machine with the help of Stellar Data Recovery. I hope it will work. Thanks    

Reference: https://www.stellarinfo.com/windows-data-recovery.php