Plugins

StarTekh

The plug-ins bundled with Platinum have files in several locations.

Some are DX plug-ins which are mostly in the "Shared" folders.

Some are VST2, the dlls by default are in "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Vstplugins" (except for the PC modules) but could be anywhere. That said, there are supporting files for some of the plug-ins which are in folders in C:\ProgramDatta, C:\Program Files, public and user documents folders.

Some are VST3, the binaries for these are in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3" but like the VST2 plug-ins, these have supporting files in other locations.

Some plug-ins also have data in "Cakewalk Content"

Then as mentioned above, some require activation which cannot be performed with a simple copy process.

In short, the best way to install the content bundled with Platinum is...install Platinum.

Hay Hay Chuck good to hear from you ….im running 2 powerhouse systems now 8086k & 9600k sample player...  scook thanks.. for the info ,, seems no matter what I do I never get all the install shows 67   vs 76..  Hay  thanks to all !

• Like 1

Plugins can reside anywhere. Easiest way to find out where they are is to open the Cakewalk Plugin Manager, click on the Options button under "VST Configuration". That will provide you with a handy list of every directory you'll need to copy onto your thumb drive.

Unfortunately, as pointed out above, that won't be enough because installing plugins often involves more than just copying DLLs. In some cases you'll need the original installation files, and in many cases you'll have to re-authorize the plugins.

I'd advise maintaining a folder dedicated to holding all your plugin installation files, the ones you downloaded from vendors originally. Keep all those in one place and back it up so that if disaster strikes you'll know where to go to reinstall everything. Keep that backup someplace far from your DAW for extra insurance. I speak from painful experience.