MIDI controller disconnecting and Focusrite error 13

Hi,

My Nektat Impact LX+ (or something) periodically disconnects and won’t send MIDI until I replug it or disable/enable it in the Preferences window.

Also I get an error 13 dropout each time I change the sample rate (I meant buffer size, sorry) on my Focusrite iTrack solo with the recently released deivers. I solve it by unplugging/replugging too.

I’m on Windows 10 latest build, 3rd generation i7, 2.3 ghz, 8 GB RAM.

Cheers!

EDITED*

Edited by Esteban Villanova

Another way to accomplish turning off the Windows power management option that, by default, disconnects USB devices after some period of time, to conserve power, is to go into Control Panel > System and Security > Power Options > Change Plan Settings (you want to choose the High Performance power plan, by the way), and then go into its options, and then click on Change Advanced Power Settings.

So, once you get into the Advanced Power Settings, scroll down to find and expand 'USB Settings'.  Then, expand USB Selective Suspend Setting, and click on the setting value, and change it to Disabled.

SO - either the above method, or doing it in Device Manager, will accomplish the same thing, which is to tell Windows not to disconnect any USB devices after some period of being idle.

That should keep your USB-connected devices connected in Windows, which should clear up that error.

Bob Bone

3 hours ago, Esteban Villanova said:

the audio drop error happens every time I switch sample rates.

2 hours ago, pwalpwal said:

why, and how often, do you switch sample rates?

I was thinking the same thing. Are you trying to switch sample rates within the same project ?

• Like 1

I had a Focusrite unit that would go into sleep mode after 30 minutes of non use. Personally I would start a music session by-

Powering on your Focusrite, Powering on your Keyboard/Necktar, Power up Cakewalk.

Is that normally how you start ? or do you leave your devices on all the time ?

On 10/11/2019 at 8:09 PM, Esteban Villanova said:

Hi,

My Nektat Impact LX+ (or something) periodically disconnects and won’t send MIDI until I replug it or disable/enable it in the Preferences window.

Also I get an error 13 dropout each time I change the sample rate (I meant buffer size, sorry) on my Focusrite iTrack solo with the recently released deivers. I solve it by unplugging/replugging too.

I’m on Windows 10 latest build, 3rd generation i7, 2.3 ghz, 8 GB RAM.

Cheers!

EDITED*

Code 13 means that the ASIO driver sent us a reset message. Cakewalk responds to this by stopping the engine and reloading the driver.

From the notes:
Code 13:  ASIO subsystem signaled a dropout due to a state change 

I don't have an iTrack solo to test with. How are you changing the buffer size? Are you doing it outside Cakewalk via the driver control panel or accessing it from our preferences dialog which is the proper way to do it. If you change it externally Cakewalk may gets a message from the driver and will cause a dropout leading to Code 13.

Regarding the Nektar it sounds like something environmental on your system.